Backhoe BX22 Backhoe problem (BT600)

/ BX22 Backhoe problem (BT600) #1  

gsxr1100

Veteran Member
Hi guys. I need some help. When I finish using the tractor, I release the hyd pressure in the loader by moving the stick back-and-forth a few times.

Now for the backhoe I just lower the bucket to the ground. Up until now the stabilizer arms stayed fully up. Today one of the arms tends to fall half-way and I do not know why. I think there is internal leak. Is this normal? It never has done this before.

/ BX22 Backhoe problem (BT600) #2  
One of the cylinders on my backhoe developed the same problem you've described. Apparently the internal seal had failed. The dealer promptly replaced the cylinder with a new one. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX22 Backhoe problem (BT600) #3  
Mike - I do have a small leakdown in mine. I pin my BT600 backhoe when not in use as the boom will slowly drop. The stabilizers will drop and the bucket will "un-curl" over a number of days. From what I've learned on TBN, I believe I'm in the "normal" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifrange. Any more and I would be checking with the dealer. Sounds like you may <font color="red"> not </font> be in the "normal" range /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Chuck

/ BX22 Backhoe problem (BT600) #4  
Actually if it has low hrs then it's NOT normal. But if you use it alot and it's getting worn in then this does happen. Normal well kinda but good...No.. I have a JD 770 TLB and the stabilizers and backhoe will leak down. The backhoe is 96 and hrs are really un known but it still hold me in the air when I'm using the backhoe. Well maybe sometimes I have to adjust the height after digging awhile. I would say if it's under warranty check to see what the leak down rate is and then check with yours. If it's too fast of a rate then get it replaced. etc. etc.

Darin

/ BX22 Backhoe problem (BT600)
Well I called the dealer and they have heard of the problem with internal seal leaking. What makes we worry is that the dealer has had a few in or worse that they have a special kit for it. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

He also said it will get worse over time so it is off to the dealer in a few weeks for a day trip. I wish I could just do it but I have never dealt with hyd before.

As long as it did not effect my 100+ yards of bank run last week, or my 45 yards of fill coming tomorrow. I also need to dig out my walk ways in 3 weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But the backhoe worked GREAT doing my dry well ditches. Nice... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The loader works great.

I am in the process of removing my inground pool (20x40) and now filling it with bank run until 12" from top. Last foot is loam. He could not dump the gravel and loam in the back (no room to get back there). So I have to move it with the BX. Gee, that is too bad /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I will put pictures up tonight. The little machine is "holding its own".....

/ BX22 Backhoe problem (BT600) #6  
Mike - Is the "kit" specifically for the stabilizer cylinder or for an overall leakdown problem on the backhoe??? If you could share part numbers or service bulletin #'s or any other details, the rest of us "22" boys will be able to speak intelligently /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif when we cross the same bridge. Thanks Chuck

/ BX22 Backhoe problem (BT600) #7  
gsxr1100:

The valves used on this and other tractors use sliding spool designs. By their nature, they leak internally. The industry norms are about 15 to 50 cc's/minute at nominal operating pressure. This will result in a slow leakdown due to gravity forces, etc. It is slow but would be noticed over a few hours, and certainly over days.

If you can see things moving in real time, you may have a problem. Cylinder seal leakege is a possibility, but rather rare for a newer machine. If any contaminants got into the hydraulic oil, scores, groves and scratches in the valves will accelerate the leakage rate. Since the clearance between the steel valve spools and the cast iron housings is about 0.0001" to 0.0003", and damage from contaminants can look like a big leakage path in comparison. Usually replacing the valve is the only repair.

If it is hours slow, don't worry about it. If not call the dealer.

paul

/ BX22 Backhoe problem (BT600)
Chuck ---I assume, so do not take me to court, but I think that it is a kit of o-rings etc for only the stabilizer cylinder. My dealer siad he could send me the parts and I could fix it but I have never worked on hyd systems. Anything else I would say fine.

**I will post part numbers and other needed info when I have this repair done.