Loader Larger bucket

/ Larger bucket #1  

BleedOrange

Tractor
Kubota L3800 4x4 w/loader
Does anyone have a larger bucket than 60" on your L3800? Would you recommend a 72"?

/ Larger bucket #2  
Depends on what you plan to haul. When I was moving a bunch of gravel, I couldn't use a larger one but lately I've been hauling mulch and could use a larger bucket. Besides, I hit enough objects with the 60" bucket :ashamed: I hate to see how many things I bump into with an extra 6"!!!

Larger (heavier) buckets also reduce what you can lift... something to think about.

/ Larger bucket #3  
I saw a thread a long time ago about high capacity light weight buckets, they were really big. You'd have to be moving something light like leaves, or packing peanuts, but they'd be great for something like that.

/ Larger bucket #4  
I have the 66" SSQA on my L3800. I haven't moved any major dirt or gravel with it, but for my needs it is perfect. Of course, the BH77 hanging off the back really helps for ballast.

/ Larger bucket #5  
i agree w/ prev poster that it really is a function of max load on your model. each change to your set up should be a solution to a specific problem or new circumstance, rather than just goin' bigger for it's own sake........
why would you want a larger bucket on a compact tractor of that size?
another consideration is that with a longer width bucket protruding beyond the ft. wheels, you have more chance of catching something like trees, fence posts, etc as you drive along esp in the woods. could be dangerous & destructive.
I specifically went with a 72" instead of the 84" option on my 8540 for that reason alone........ just something to consider. best

/ Larger bucket
Gravel and dirt. Only real reason I was wanting to check into a larger bucket is I have been looking at adding spacers to widen the wheels out to make it safer on hill sides. If I'm not mistaken the 66" holds about the same weight as a 60". Or that was what I was told at the dealership.

/ Larger bucket #7  
I think you'll find the standard bucket full of gravel is a handful for the loader to lift as it is. My L3400 with loaded R1's gets light in the back end with a full 60" bucket up front, and has trouble with a heaping bucket of wet gravel on occasion. My hydraulic pressure is normal.

Sean

/ Larger bucket #8  
Again, the 66" is for volume... the loader will only lift so much. Do you know the weight of both buckets? I would honestly say that anything I pick up, my rear wheels never come close to the "working" area. It fills up pretty quick to the point that my *front* wheels barely touch the pile. Hum, maybe I should try the larger bucket :p

/ Larger bucket #9  
I made an extender for mine out of plywood... three time more capacity and worked great for moving mulch... for about a dozen trips and then it started falling apart.

The plywood and fasteners were no match for the power of my Kubota.

/ Larger bucket #10  
I made an extender for mine out of plywood... three time more capacity and worked great for moving mulch... for about a dozen trips and then it started falling apart.

The plywood and fasteners were no match for the power of my Kubota.

I needed more volume for snow, but still wanted to be able to get light through for working at night.

DSC00045.jpg

No problems yet after 3 years, it adds a lot of volume for stacking firewood in too! I simply unbolt it for the summer.

Sean