Keeps running

/ Keeps running #1  

Wall Road

Tractor
Kubota BX2230
My BX2230 will not shut off. Things that had no effect: turning off ignition switch; removing key; standing up; getting off tractor with it in gear or with PTO engaged; DISCONNECTING BATTERY!!! It just keeps running. I've tried to kill the engine by pushing the loader into the ground in full dump position, but that won't even do it. Removed the ignition switch, but wires seem to be connected in non-removeable way. But as I said above, the battery ground cable is off the battery. I know diesel engines run on heat of compression, so is that what's making it keep on? I'd turn off the fuel line, but can't find where to do that. HELP!

/ Keeps running #2  
What happens when you turn the throttle ALL the way down?
Will it die at idle if engaged in gear?

I was frustrated by the Sato I had on loan, only to find out you just turned the throttle down.

/ Keeps running #3  
There is a little solenoid type plunger that turns the fuel off. I believe its electric. My guess is it failed, or you have a broken wire, blown fuse, etc. Most of the time after you turn the tractor off, there will be a few seconds of delay, then you can hear a pop sound, which is the fuel turning back on.

I assume you can reach in and trip that manually, with a screw driver or something, but I've never tried it.

/ Keeps running #4  
What dodge man said. I haven't had to do this on the BX, but did have to with the GR.

Just a brief push on the solenoid will shut things off - unless it is stuck.

A blown ignition fuse can be the problem, or the stop solenoid fuse, or even the 50A slow-blow fuse in the harness. Check all your fuses.

Z.

/ Keeps running #5  
Look for a thread called something like "My tractor won't shut off". There was quite a discussion on this last fall. He even has a bunch of pictures in it.

I found mine. Look on the fuel pump. On my 2230 it is in behind the dash on the left side. There is a mechanical lever in there that the solenoid pulls. Part of it probably has a red tip on it. Pull that lever and it should come right down. The solenoid fires for about 10-15 seconds and after it has shutdown you usually here that loud click as it re-enables fuel for next time.

/ Keeps running #6  
Look for a small gray lever on the injector pump... Where the fuel comes in from the filter.