Dumb question (?) BX grass catcher

/ Dumb question (?) BX grass catcher #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
Searching grass catcher for the BX here I've found some pretty unhappy posts:confused2:

Does/why doesn't anyone make a 3 pt grass catcher for the BX? Why/why not?

/ Dumb question (?) BX grass catcher #2  
I have the factory one on my Bx 23 and it is great! Just don't expect it to P/U soaking wet grass.

Paul

/ Dumb question (?) BX grass catcher #3  
They made one style for the bx1500, 1800, 1830, 2200, 2230, bx22, bx23 and a new style for the bx1850, 1860, 2350, 2360, bx24, and bx25. I have one from bx1500 that I retrofit to my bx25 with the help of fellow tbner's.

/ Dumb question (?) BX grass catcher #4  
Model number is gck60-bx and gck60-23bx if I remember correctly.

/ Dumb question (?) BX grass catcher #5  
I picked up my Kubota bagger (barely used) at my dealer for my BX2200. It's great. Wouldn't be without it. I've gotten much better at mounting and unmounting over the years.

/ Dumb question (?) BX grass catcher
Thanks, guess I missunderstood. Thought they where all frame mounted.

/ Dumb question (?) BX grass catcher #7  
The newer models mount to the frame. The older ones the 3PH. I have the newer version and I like it alot. Once you mount and dismount a few times its easy. Heavy wet grass can clog it so dont let it get too tall. About the only unit I liked better was the cyclone rake vac but thats real big to be towing around all the time while mowing.

/ Dumb question (?) BX grass catcher #8  
I need help. Anyone with a gck60-23bx, please tell me how the duct attaches to the mower deck. I bought a used catcher from the dealer who sold me my BX25. I finally got the adapter kit last week and tried to attach this weekend. After some effort the catcher is on the tractor but for the life of me I can not determine how to attached the duct to the deck. There isn't even a mention of attaching in the grass catcher manual?? Thanks in advance!

/ Dumb question (?) BX grass catcher #9  
I think a lot will depend on which adapter (boot kit) you got. I have a BX2200 but I don't think it should make that much difference. The deck deflector on mine is metal. I got the heavy duty boot which as part of the assembly has a hinged part. You lift the deflector up on the deck and slide the hinged part of the boot which will have 2 slots. There is a wing bolt which passes through the deflector and screws into hinged part (there is a welded nut). BUT, the big IF, is this the style of boot you have. I am also attaching a pdf file which shows a lighter duty boot which attaches differently and uses a rubber strip with hook to attach. If you have the boot with the hinged portion that attached to the deflector then I can sendyou some additional pictures. I am currently using mine this fall to pick up leaves and everything is assembled.

View attachment GCK60BXParts Mower and Catcher.pdf IMG_8628.JPG

/ Dumb question (?) BX grass catcher #10  
Thanks for the parts list and the picture. As soon as it get's light I am going to take another look. The boot I got seems larger and has a window on the top side. The two components that I could not determine appear to be the same as those shown on the exploded view in the parts list. I don't remember mounting holes in the boot. I will know in 30 minutes or so. Thanks for the response it is very helpful.

Unfortunately the components didn't match. Still at a loss...

IMG_0545.jpg

Last edited: