BX Hood Latch Surprise

/ BX Hood Latch Surprise #1  

CHDinCT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25, Z422-KW
Did you know that your BX hood latch has a plastic latch hook that you're suppose to use to hold the hood slightly open while you slide the plastic engine cowl out? I didn't either until I read the little sticker by the muffler outlining the procedure for removing the engine cowl. Hadn't noticed that sticker either. Anyway, came across this doing my 200 hour maintenance today. Don't recall it every being mentioned so thought I'd highlight it for anyone unaware it existed.

Photo's are kind of lousy being cell phone pic's, but that's all I had available when I saw it. I've had a BX for close to 4 years now and just never tripped across this little hood latch hook.

4fcdf120.jpg
[/IMG]

c79edaa0.jpg
[/IMG]

/ BX Hood Latch Surprise #2  
Only for you steel hoodies, not us plastic ones. :(

/ BX Hood Latch Surprise
Only for you steel hoodies, not us plastic ones. :(

Why not? I don't see the difference as far as plastic or steel goes. You still have to open the hood slightly to slide the cowl out, no?

/ BX Hood Latch Surprise #4  
Yep, I use mine when removing the cowling.

/ BX Hood Latch Surprise #5  
It's in the manual of my BX2660 too. Works well.

/ BX Hood Latch Surprise #6  
Why not? I don't see the difference as far as plastic or steel goes. You still have to open the hood slightly to slide the cowl out, no?

Because my plastic hood is so light that it stays up on it's own. :cool:

/ BX Hood Latch Surprise #7  
I didn't even know the BX's had that feature. Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

/ BX Hood Latch Surprise #8  
I always thought it was to let some of the excess HP bleed out when needed. :cool:

/ BX Hood Latch Surprise #9  
I couldn't find the strap on my BX25 until I went to remove the battery for winter storage. There is was.

/ BX Hood Latch Surprise #10  
Found it years ago. And yes, plastic hoods have them too!:thumbsup: