Tractor
    kubota BX 25

Default BX-25 temperature gauge

Our BX-25 has a little over 280 hours and the temperature gauge has yet to move. Is anything wrong or is this normal? Could someone tell us how to check it, where it is, and where parts manuals for the BX-25 can be downloaded ?
    Thanks

Default Re: BX-25 temperature gauge

Peach,
    I've got a BX25 with similar hours. The temp gage has always moved. When the tractor is working at normal temps, the gauge points to the mid way point. Now the fuel gauge, that's a whole different animal. Sometimes that gets pegged after a fill up, but usually settles down. The temp gage has always been on the money. I don't have any mechanical advise for you regarding your other questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -my-crew-splitting-logs-jpg  

Tractor
    kubota BX 25

Thanks, for you input. We checked the fuses yesterday, removed each one and replaced them. Today, on the tractor I looked down and the gauge was working. It was pretty exciting especially since we've had the tractor over a year and never checked the fuses, what a no brainer. I guess live, learn, and if you can't laugh at yourself you shouldn't own a tractor.
    We've had no problem with the fuel gauge, good luck with that.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Glad it was easy fix...now you can monitor most common BX temp-related issue...dirty radiator. When temp approaches red, time to clean removable screen and gently rinse or blow compressed air thru radiator from engine side...of course this is after checking plastic radiator overflow tank to be sure coolant not low...
    John

BX24-loaded R4s/60" MMM/rear bagger/arm rests, Woods RCC42, 3PT Splitter, TuffTop, Bro-Tek skidplates/thumb/ripper, BXpanded forks/bag, American Solutions grapple, Berlon mini-toothbar, home-made ROPS lights...more to come...

Tractor
    kubota BX 25

Quote Originally Posted by BotaBigot View Post
    Glad it was easy fix...now you can monitor most common BX temp-related issue...dirty radiator. When temp approaches red, time to clean removable screen and gently rinse or blow compressed air thru radiator from engine side...of course this is after checking plastic radiator overflow tank to be sure coolant not low...
    Yes, I blow out the screen and radiator pretty often and also check the radiator fluid and overflow.
    Thanks for your help.