BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #31  
It should be noted that the "problem" was not a mistake. Rather a choice they made based on customers crashing their tractors into stuff because the HST came to a stop slowly in the first place. Clearly it was not the best choice (nor where the plastic fenders) but when it comes to safty related stuff you get these knee jerk reactions.

OK, but it sure appeared the "problem" was a "mistake", call it what you wish, but obviously enough people didn't like it in order to warrant a change. I see no reason to get derailed by semantics.

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #32  
It should be noted that the "problem" was not a mistake. Rather a choice they made based on customers crashing their tractors into stuff because the HST came to a stop slowly in the first place. Clearly it was not the best choice (nor where the plastic fenders) but when it comes to safty related stuff you get these knee jerk reactions.

OK, but it sure appeared the "problem" was a "mistake", call it what you wish, but obviously enough people didn't like it in order to warrant a change. I see no reason to get derailed by semantics.

I had some Kubotas BXs, Bs and an L before I got my BX2350 and some more BXs, Bs and Fs after I got rid of the BX2350 in a few short months.
I can see where one saying doing something on purpose was not a mistake but........having owned several before and several after my BX2350 ???? I can sure tell you it was the wrong thing to do and maybe especially if they did it on purpose. I believe Kubota also believed the same thing since they stopped making the not a mistake but on purpose 50 series in record time and they did compensate me for their not a mistake on purpose abrupt stopping in reverse tractor the short time owned BX2350.. I think I'm going to venture to say the done on purpose transmission was a mistake even though they did it on purpose.:D

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #33  
No matter who did what and with which and to whom; is there a work around solution ? like adding a bigger return spring?

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop
... is there a work around solution ? like adding a bigger return spring?

The attached image shows the old and new damper assemblies (I hope it's OK to use the Messick's part diagrams here). Here is a list of the BX60 series parts that would be needed to convert the BX50 series (# in diagram, description and Messick's price):

200 Kubota 32721-43350 DAMPER, HST $91.25
210 K2651-42132 STAY, DAMPER $6.72
220 05112-50825 PIN $1.67
230 K1211-91120 RUE RING COTTER $0.88 (x3)
090 Kubota K2651-42044 LINK, HST PEDAL $16.22
130 Kubota K2651-42140 ARM, DAMPER $8.49
160 Kubota K2651-42172 ROD, SPEED CHANG $12.14
140 Kubota K1122-91332 BOLT (SHORT SQ. $0.88 (x2)
150 Kubota 02751-50080 NUT, FLANGE $2.52 (x2)
Speed Control Damper.jpg

I'm tempted to do this but I think I have to resolve another issue first, in that the swashplate in the HST exhibits some friction in returning to neutral. I say its the HST and not the pedal or linkage needing grease since it is perfectly smooth when the engine is off.

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #35  
No matter who did what and with which and to whom; is there a work around solution ? like adding a bigger return spring?

Several people over the years have come up with great ideas as to how to fix the problem and as of this date none of them have came back with an actual "I did it" and how I did it and fixed the problem (mistake).
As of this date the only ones that have said I fixed the problem have fixed it the same way I did, they got rid of their 50 series BX.

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #36  
That's a drastic and expensive fix. :)

I was hoping that someone would come back and say that they used something like the rear brake spring out of a 71 Mustang to slow it down. :rolleyes:

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #37  
:D:drink::laughing::laughing:
I had some Kubotas BXs, Bs and an L before I got my BX2350 and some more BXs, Bs and Fs after I got rid of the BX2350 in a few short months.
I can see where one saying doing something on purpose was not a mistake but........having owned several before and several after my BX2350 ???? I can sure tell you it was the wrong thing to do and maybe especially if they did it on purpose. I believe Kubota also believed the same thing since they stopped making the not a mistake but on purpose 50 series in record time and they did compensate me for their not a mistake on purpose abrupt stopping in reverse tractor the short time owned BX2350.. I think I'm going to venture to say the done on purpose transmission was a mistake even though they did it on purpose.:D

:laughing::stirthepot:
JOHNTHOMAS you do have a way with words at times!

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #38  
JOHNTHOMAS said:

I'm with john on this one

Sent from my andriod using TractorByNet

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #39  
as a new dredge, I have just put a deposit on one of these tractors, and am disheartened to hear the problem with the reverse. I have read the posts and I have a decent knowledge of hydraulics. I think that the idea that was put forward is quite feasible and may rectify the problem. Happy days. But as already posted, plenty of talk and no action. I could write how I think it works for people to vet....
oh and hello all.

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #40  
as a new dredge, I have just put a deposit on one of these tractors, and am disheartened to hear the problem with the reverse. I have read the posts and I have a decent knowledge of hydraulics. I think that the idea that was put forward is quite feasible and may rectify the problem. Happy days. But as already posted, plenty of talk and no action. I could write how I think it works for people to vet....
oh and hello all.

Welcome!:thumbsup: As I've said before I owned one and got rid of it after a few months so I watch forum posts on the 50 series. Many people have came up with the answer for sure, almost positively but alas.....they never, never return tellling that their planned repair actually worked. I'm still waiting and watching.:)