BX25 First 50 hour oil change

/ BX25 First 50 hour oil change #1  

neatoooo2001

What a pain is the ars the oil filter is to remove, I put in Rotella synthethic oil, and the low idle is as smooth as a kitten purring, instantly. What a difference, also checked the front axle, and had to add a quart of udt, no leaks and it was off the stick completly, where did it go? Tomorrow I am changing the hyd filter and just adding makeup fluid, for the filter and fluid loss while cleaning the hst screen.

/ BX25 First 50 hour oil change #2  
What a pain is the ars the oil filter is to remove, I put in Rotella synthethic oil, and the low idle is as smooth as a kitten purring, instantly. What a difference, also checked the front axle, and had to add a quart of udt, no leaks and it was off the stick completly, where did it go? Tomorrow I am changing the hyd filter and just adding makeup fluid, for the filter and fluid loss while cleaning the hst screen.

Get one of those oil filter wrenches that have the 3 jaws and fit a 3/8 drive, goes right in the small hole and the filter comes right out. You can tighten by hand through the shroud hole. I know the manual says remove the shroud; but, no need to until you change the fuel filter under there. Maybe a small monkey could get their hands in there w/o but I can't. I am moving it to undernerth next to the fuel booster pump.

Ron

/ BX25 First 50 hour oil change #3  
Here's what I use on my BX25. Put it on the end of a rachet wrench extension; it gets right in there.

Attachments

• Cap Style Filter Wrench #2.jpg
    Cap Style Filter Wrench #2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 319
   / BX25 First 50 hour oil change #4  
The front axles on BXs are notorious for being low on fluid at delivery. The design of the axle is such that most cannot be filled in one attempt. When you drain the axle fluid, which isn't a bad idea to do bi-annually, you can fill it with fluid (gear lube or SUDT) and it will read full.

But I assure you, go operate the tractor for 6-8 hours and re-check it. It will have worked the air pockets out and it will read low. Very common situation with the BX and discussed here on many, many occasions.

/ BX25 First 50 hour oil change #5  
I did my 50 hr service today well 45.4 and changed everything but air & fuel filter.Put Rotella T 15-40 wt in engine, SUDT in trans, Royal Purple 75-90wt in gear box of MMM and Lucas high performance 80-90 wt in front axel.I pulled plugs on everything sat nite and started filling sun after dinner.Mowed sun evening and everything went great ,don't know if it was my imagination or not but seemed more quiet and run better.I will try synthetic oil for engine next oil change:D

/ BX25 First 50 hour oil change #6  
Make sure you check that front axle a couple of times. Sometimes they are a bear to fill.

Deano