Front locking differential?

/ Front locking differential? #1  

Teccer

Tractor
2003kubota 2910
I understand I must post a thread as a new member, so two things come to mind. Has anyone come up witha way to lock the front diff on a B series tractor or reduce moisture in the hydraulics? I live inPA and below 30degrees bucket freezes and needtoruntractor15 - 30 minutes to thaw,yes I change the hydraulic fluid semi annually

THOUGHTS?

/ Front locking differential? #2  
I understand I must post a thread as a new member, so two things come to mind. Has anyone come up witha way to lock the front diff on a B series tractor or reduce moisture in the hydraulics? I live inPA and below 30degrees bucket freezes and needtoruntractor15 - 30 minutes to thaw,yes I change the hydraulic fluid semi annually

THOUGHTS?

I'm not sure what locking the front diff would do for the hydro system...Please explain more...The front diff would have to have a limited-slip and not a locker or it would tear itself apart on turning I would think.

/ Front locking differential? #3  
You are wasting a LOT of hydraulic oil if you actual are: "yes I change the hydraulic fluid semi annually"...

Instead just run a good SYNTHETIC hydraulic oil and leave it in for a thousand hours before you change it...

BTW ... your 'freeze up' is not the hydro fluid... it is the moisture in the control valves, usually at the spring loaded centering & detente area... The hydraulic fluid will not freeze ..
KennyV

/ Front locking differential? #4  
welcome to TBN:D

NUMEROUS threads with much good info already here re hydraulic fluid, change intervals and freezing of hydraulic controls (solved by removing moisture in them)....suggest you use search feature to find...and lots of reading to follow....good stuff!!1

/ Front locking differential? #5  
The model you have did have issues wih condensation in the bottom of the valve. Small holes in the bottom or to nearly fill with grease solved the problems of the frozen valves.

Kubota to the best of my knowledge has never built a limited slip for that small of a differential. I don't recommend welding the spider gears like old days with cars!