Replacement Top Link Bx2200???

/ Replacement Top Link Bx2200??? #1  

NY_Yankees_Fan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
Does anyone have a source for a top link for a BX2200? It should be about 13 inches when closed. Kubota dealer wants $100 for a new one. I bent one side when it hit the wood deck backing into the shed. I did not notice it was down and fully extended. Anyone have a source for just for the rod and eye opening?

Thanks

/ Replacement Top Link Bx2200??? #2  
Ouch... $100 !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've seen parts at TSC, no idea if they would fit. I wonder what Carver's would ask for it.

Jim

/ Replacement Top Link Bx2200??? #3  
Can you not order just the part that you bent? I can get just the screw ends for my MF dealer.

/ Replacement Top Link Bx2200??? #4  
p0005963.JPG

I agree with Jerry... buy just the damaged end... but not from Kubota... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

You can buy the entire Cat 1 Top-link assembly for ~~ $15. and use those parts on your assembly...

/ Replacement Top Link Bx2200??? #6  
For What It's Worth:

I too had to replace my Kubota top link because the threads went bad. I purchased a short top link from a 3rd party that looked just like the one pictured.

Some potential problems:

(1) In my case, the Kubota's top link used "fine" threads while the 3rd party top link used "course" threads such that they would not be interchangable. As a side note, now that I have used both, I really like the course thread design much better.

(2) The top link end on the 3rd party top link was too wide to fit into the Kubota top link holder bracket. This problem was quickly fixed with a grinder.

(3) Once the grinding was complete, the 3rd party top link worked just fine on my B2150. However, there were problems using it on my B7100 because the rod that is used to help adjust the top link length would jam right into the ROPS when the 3-point lift was raised. On the Kubota top link, the "assist mechanism" (or whatever you call it) was off-set from the middle of the top link such that it didn't cause a conflict.

(4) The LENGTH of the 3rd party top link was adequate for both my B2150 and B7100. However, my experience has shown that top-links for Kubota BXs need to be shorter than the one for my B7100.

Hope this helps,
Kelvin

/ Replacement Top Link Bx2200???
Kelvin,

Thanks for the info. I have visited several color dealers all not having the part I need, either too long or the threads are not the correct size. I will visit one more Kubota dealer today and see if they have a better price for a top link.

The e-bay item looks like it maybe too long, but maybe an option it all other avenues fail.

Thanks for the help, keep the ideas coming.

/ Replacement Top Link Bx2200??? #8  
NY_Yankees_Fan,

What about a piece of all-thread or large metric bolt and cut off the old eye and weld it on the rod?

Just a thought,
Michael

/ Replacement Top Link Bx2200??? #9  
I had the same problem. All the top links I found would not work and my dealer wanted $114 for a replacement. So I thought...heat the bad part up and straighten it out! Didn't work too good. Was going to use a piece of threaded rod but the part that bent was reverse thread. Ended up cutting the bad threads (about 2 inches) off and reweld the good thread part to the "eye" part. There is 2 inches of total length but I never even came close to using or needing that much length in the top link. Picture shows what it looks like when I finished.

Attachments

• 269354-TopLinkFix.jpg
    269354-TopLinkFix.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 384
   / Replacement Top Link Bx2200???
I ended up going to a local machine shop since I could not find a cat 1 as short as you need for a BX. They put it in a press and bent it back so I can use it. It is a little tight and I will need a wrench to move it, but for $10 it was worth it.

Can you believe $100 for a top link, can you say RIP OFF! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Word to the wise, do not back up with the top link when it is not connected to a 3 pt attachment. I will disconnect the top link from the tractor and leave the entire top link in the shed. Now we know why Monday morning quarterbacks have all the answers. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Regards