B2320 3pt leaks down????!!!!!

/ B2320 3pt leaks down????!!!!! #1  

69c4x11

Tractor
kubota b2320
New to this site,,Thanks for the Welcome!!, My 144 hr Kubota 3pt lift leaks down while running,,,also when it's off,,, There is no feel of detent for nuetral pos., I've carried it back for repair and they haven't fixed it,,I've tried every position On the selector,, no change,, I have the belly mower, which is raised by the 3pt,, it is constantly going down while using tractor,,, The loader is fine,, just the 3pt ??? Any answers will help... Going to carry it back before warranty runs out, and show my a-- at Rhinehart Eguipment, Rome Ga

/ B2320 3pt leaks down????!!!!! #2  
I believe the B2320 has the quarter-inching valve on the 3 pt hitch, which leaks down under normal use as I understand it. I've heard you just have to bump it up a little every once in a while. There is a valve under the seat you can adjust which might help. I have no personal experience with this type of 3 pt, just going from what I've heard.

/ B2320 3pt leaks down????!!!!! #3  
Yep they leak down. Only way to stop it is to close the valve between your legs.:thumbsup:

/ B2320 3pt leaks down????!!!!! #4  
Can't you select the bottom position with the large dial on the left? If you choose 5 it shouldn't go any lower than 5" (approximately), etc.

/ B2320 3pt leaks down????!!!!! #5  
Like everybody else said they leak down. I have one. The mower though has a knob/dial that should prevent it from leaking down. The adjuster that the mower rests on tends to be loaded with paint which will make the mower slip down the adjuster. It's pretty easy to fix with a round file.

/ B2320 3pt leaks down????!!!!!
I've done - um all,, Just wanting to know if anyone has had a run around with the dealers on a repair /fix for the problem ??? When You run a tiller or turning plow or 3pt attachments it's worse,, I can live with just thr mower deck leaking down with the hgt knob, The pins to pin it up under it won't align with the holes for the 2 pins,, Rhinehardt also cannot fix that issue either,,, I can say the Loader works flawless !!!!!

/ B2320 3pt leaks down????!!!!! #7  
I've done - um all,, Just wanting to know if anyone has had a run around with the dealers on a repair /fix for the problem ??? When You run a tiller or turning plow or 3pt attachments it's worse,, I can live with just thr mower deck leaking down with the hgt knob, The pins to pin it up under it won't align with the holes for the 2 pins,, Rhinehardt also cannot fix that issue either,,, I can say the Loader works flawless !!!!!

Doubt there is a fix, just the nature of them. Dealer could repair it but I am sure it will be back to 'normal' in no time.

/ B2320 3pt leaks down????!!!!! #8  
69c4x11 said:

It's not something that can be repaired -- they are that way on purpose. It's not a defective unit, that's just how quarter inching valves work.

/ B2320 3pt leaks down????!!!!! #9  
There is no way that a correctly engineered or operation of a 3 point hitch should leak down when the engine is running. With the engine off I could understand if if a valve was leaking a bit on an old tractor,but to say that is normal and no way to fix is would be totally BS for a tractor manufacturer to even make something like that. So everyone is saying for instance if you are mowing you have to lock it in place or set it on the gauge wheels to maintain the height or if pulling a plow you would constantly be going deeper and deeper till the tractor stalled. NOT a very good scenario, Heck even an old 8n with 1940 technology would hold the lift at the same height even with a leaky valve it would only drop a 1/4" before the hydraulics kicked it back up. I see that they claim to have position control but not draft control. Well if it leaks down when running it isnt position control or any other control. It should hold it within that 1/4" if that is what it has.

/ B2320 3pt leaks down????!!!!! #10  
There is no way that a correctly engineered or operation of a 3 point hitch should leak down when the engine is running. With the engine off I could understand if if a valve was leaking a bit on an old tractor,but to say that is normal and no way to fix is would be totally BS for a tractor manufacturer to even make something like that. So everyone is saying for instance if you are mowing you have to lock it in place or set it on the gauge wheels to maintain the height or if pulling a plow you would constantly be going deeper and deeper till the tractor stalled. NOT a very good scenario, Heck even an old 8n with 1940 technology would hold the lift at the same height even with a leaky valve it would only drop a 1/4" before the hydraulics kicked it back up. I see that they claim to have position control but not draft control. Well if it leaks down when running it isnt position control or any other control. It should hold it within that 1/4" if that is what it has.

Gary, the tractor in question does not have position control and Kubota does not claim that does.

B2320? Is that right? If so, it uses a 1/4 inching system.