Kubota B6710 engine dying for no reason while mowing

/ Kubota B6710 engine dying for no reason while mowing #1  

Metalman

Tractor
Kubota B7610
Checked the fuel filter, blew out the lines just in case and saw nothing. NO engine overheat. Air filter clean. Start mowing and the engine sporatically dies. Dies on flat ground, low grass being cut going forward. May cut an hour and nothing, or sometimes several times in an hour. Always cranks right back up. Scratching my head on this one. Could it be a faulty "operator presence controller"?

/ Kubota B6710 engine dying for no reason while mowing #2  
Did you mean B7610? I would put a new fuel filter on, not just clean it. That sure sounds like what it is, or something in the tank.

/ Kubota B6710 engine dying for no reason while mowing #3  
to me it sounds like a possible loose wire on one of the safety switches..or a failing safety switch . not sure of your exact brand, but most have several safety switches (under seat, clutch, pto etc)

/ Kubota B6710 engine dying for no reason while mowing #4  
to me it sounds like a possible loose wire on one of the safety switches..or a failing safety switch . not sure of your exact brand, but most have several safety switches (under seat, clutch, pto etc)

What I'm thinking also. First one I'd check is under the seat.

/ Kubota B6710 engine dying for no reason while mowing #5  
Could be some crud floating in the tank that plugs the outlet due to suction. When it dies the suction is released and the crud floats away. That's why it's unpredictable. If it happened every 20 minutes then I would lean towards electrical. But it could be a dozen different things.

You could set up some sort of auxiliary fuel source temporarily and see if it dies when you draw from that tank.

/ Kubota B6710 engine dying for no reason while mowing #6  
When you say it dies, does it quite like you turned the key or does it wind down like it is starved for fuel?

/ Kubota B6710 engine dying for no reason while mowing #7  
Checked the fuel filter, blew out the lines just in case and saw nothing. NO engine overheat. Air filter clean. Start mowing and the engine sporatically dies. Dies on flat ground, low grass being cut going forward. May cut an hour and nothing, or sometimes several times in an hour. Always cranks right back up. Scratching my head on this one. Could it be a faulty "operator presence controller"?

one excellent possibility is also collapsed fuel line and or plugged fuel filter
these small kubota mules have 2 fuel filters on them if I remember correctly-one under the seat area and one on the engine.

/ Kubota B6710 engine dying for no reason while mowing #8  
Our B7500 had a similar issue when the fuel filter on the left side of the engine got plugged up. The tractor would lug like it was being overloaded, then die. The filter was ~4 years old.

Aaron Z

/ Kubota B6710 engine dying for no reason while mowing #9  
Had B7100 acted as such,drain fuel clean fuel line replace fuel filter new fresh diesel..no problem.

/ Kubota B6710 engine dying for no reason while mowing #10  
I believe you would see the Stop Solenoid engage if a sensor was acting up. Try opening the hood when the problem occurs to see if the plunger on the solenoid moves. If it does, then a safety sensor is likely the problem.