Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX22, Bobcat 763H

Default New BX22

Received my new BX22 on Thursday, did my first serious work today, planted 8 trees. Boy this thing can dig! Heavy, wet clay, and rocks didn't cause a problem, just had to remember to give it plenty of throttle to keep the rpm's up and it was a lot of fun. This was my first experience using a backhoe and while the holes weren't pretty, they held the tree when I was done, sure beats a shovel. Didn't try to backfill using the hoe, wasn't ready to wipe out a tree but must admit, by the 8th hole, definitely felt a little more natural and was doing a better job of laying out the dirt around the hole in order to make the shovel work easier. Only one of the trees was near anything I could hurt and saved that one for last.

Attached a picture of the tractor before I hosed it down after the day of work, went from 1.8 hours on the clock to just over 6 but think I'm going to like this tractor!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    BX22

Default Re: New BX22

That is exactly what I am buying my BX22 for is planting trees, mostly citrus. sounds like it will save me a lot of work. Thanks fo the picture. I'll return the favor when my tractor gets delivered Tuesday... Gary

That is a good looking tractor. I also hope to have mine around the first week of june. enjoy David.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, 1957 Farmall 130

Very nice machine, congrats. But why is the grill guard gray? Is that not the factory unit? Doesn't look like mine.

- Patrick

Tractor
    BX22TLB

Looks like mine. Bought my unit last Sept. It was delivered without a grill guard. I called the dealer and they sent me one.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Welcome to the world of orange. I was just reading another thread that talked about having to lube the various linkages after washing the tractor. Just food for thought!

Congrats!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    BX22

Patrick:

Mine and all others that I have seen are that color. Silver, actually, rather than gray.

If yours was factory, what color is it ?

paul

Congratulations on the new bx! Looks about right for this spring (muddy).
    Have fun!
    DaveL

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX22, Bobcat 763H

Yes, very muddy here in Virginia, waited to post a picture until I could show it had been used. Another couple of hours today and covered in mud one more time!

Grill is a silver color which is the same as the one I saw at a dealer a few months ago and I'm pretty sure it's the same as in the brochure from kubota?

Thanks to all for the kind words and welcome, dave.

Tractor
    BX 2200

dmartin88 great to hear about the new tool (or toy?). after reading your post I was concerned about your level of throtle selection at only 6-8 hour on the hour meter. Try to keep the throtle at 3/4 full for the firts 50 hours of use. I know how hard that is but for that kind of investment you want it to go for ever and a little TLC now goes a long way in 20 years?
    just my .02
    kevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast