Basket holder/cup holder

/ Basket holder/cup holder #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a B7300 and I am looking for some place to hang a small basket/cup holder. I have thought that I might use the holes where the hazard sign should be mounted behind the seat. Do any of you have any suggestions? Perhaps a picture or two how you solved this problem. Note: The basket would be used to put gloves, small tools etc.

/ Basket holder/cup holder #2  
GHarvey -

One of the longest-running threads on this board has to do with how to carry a cup on a tractor. It all began with our grand master tractor-tinkerer, Mark Chalkley, who was determined to carry a large quantity of a Gatorade-like drink with him in the field. Nothing like a severe heat stroke to get them creative juices flowing, eh, Mark?

The crux of what is now known as the "Chalkley Cup" is the powerful magnet, or magnets glued to the bottom of the cup, allowing you to just set it down on the fender, hood or other metal surface of your tractor. The magnets may be purchased online from a place called ForceField.

Like I said, it's a very long thread, but you can get an idea from some of these posts, which include pictures. The first is one of Mark's
early revisions, and then a follow-up with a closeup picture.

Later, I myself got into the game with this post, plus a picture in the field.

Some controversy arose as to the best glue to use for holding the magnets to the polypropylene cup. "Goop" or "Marine Goop" appears to do the job, or if you're fanatical like I am sometimes, there's a product called NBond, which I explain in excruciating detail in
this post.

As for carrying other stuff, ammo boxes seem to be popular, but where to carry them on your tractor is an on-going problem. My personal solution is discussed in a thread called "ROPS Rack". A much shorter thread, but if you just want to see the posts with pictures, here's the original post using square tube, the modified version using angle iron and showing some ammo box detail, and then the current version.

I'm sure other folks will have more suggestions for you, but I thought I'd take first whack. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

XMasSig.gif

/ Basket holder/cup holder #3  
The infamous "Chalkley Cup" that Harv refers to has proven to be a pretty good solution to carrying liquid refreshments on the tractors. It stays where you put it and doesn't move around when in motion.

As far as carrying small tools, gloves, extra pins, etc., I have a B7100 and thought about several different solutions. I ended up with a tool bag purchased at Home Depot that hangs from a "J" bolt secured to the ROPS with two hose clamps. There is a photo of the bag, j-bolt, and ROPS in the tractor photos forum under "B7100 Tool Bag". It carries a variety of small hand tools, gloves, flashlight, etc., etc., etc. and seems to be working just fine. Even with all the hours the past week in the cold and snow here in SE Michigan pushing snow around, the zippers haven't frozen.

I would guess the B7300 has a lot of the same space constraints the B7100 does, so you may want to look at these solutions. Good luck.

Bob Pence

/ Basket holder/cup holder
Thanks to both of you for your responses. I will check them out. This is one of the reasons I frequent this forum.... because of the great practical advice. I wish others would be as good

/ Basket holder/cup holder #5  
I also read the Mega-Thread on cup holder mania and because of it I
ordered some magnets to make my own "Chalkley Cup".
I hope I get them in time for Christmas, if I've been
a good boy. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Oh in case anyone is interested, I fired up my L3410 the
other day when it was -15 F. The glow plug was on for just
under 15 seconds and it started on the first spin. After about
20 seconds the idle smoothed out and it ran wonderfully.
This new diesel technology is great. Way to Go, Kubota!
Now if they can only do something about it being -15 F....

John Bud

/ Basket holder/cup holder #6  
Harv - As you say, a little heat stroke goes a long way, when it comes to making you look for solutions. Truly an example of the "necessity is the mother of invention" cliche'. I think I'm going to order some of the special glue you used. So far, the Marine Goop is holding just fine, but if it fails, I want to have a plan and the means to execute it immediately.

John - You didn't say what you did with the other hour or so you had left that day after reading that thread. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif No, wait! You did, didn't you? You said you ordered some magnets...

MarkC
ChalkleySig2.gif

/ Basket holder/cup holder #7  
Harv, by the sounds of it you drove that 16penny nail home in one whack with your Estwing framing hammer.

Ditto to Harv's post, he covered all the bases and then some.
Gordon