How Do You Fill Your Diesel Tank

/ How Do You Fill Your Diesel Tank #81  
I swore off refueling equipment with a can several years ago. I have a Delta 37 gal tank bolted to the bed of the truck and a GPI electric pump/nozzle and inline filter. A full tank is enough to refill the tractor with offroad diesel for three to four working days. To deter thieves I wired a battery cutoff switch inside the cab of the truck and have a lock on the cap.

/ How Do You Fill Your Diesel Tank #82  
1*The diesel tank should go on a small trailer which can be transported to refill.
2*The diesel tank should go on a small trailer which can be transported to refill the tractor in the event of running out of fuel in the paddocks
1*There is no ned to transport the tank to refill so no need for the trailer .
2*Take the tractor to the fuel.
Don't do it the hard way by trying to take the fuel to the tractor .

Originally Posted by LBrown59
I have A 55 gallon set up.
I never have to haul it anywhere to fill it as it is self filling.

3*Can you explain what you mean when you say your tank is self-filling?

3*I don't think you understood what i said
I said self filling not free filling .

/ How Do You Fill Your Diesel Tank #83  
1*Did you know this pump is for filling these drums just as much as it is for filling your tractor ?

2* Why go to all this bother -what do you think your pump is for ?

3*The big fault with this idea is theft and Vandalism and the fact that you are always carrying the fuel aground with you .
4*-5* That's the hard complicated way.
Hauling drum
Storage drum
Here is the easy effortless method.
6*first find out if the regulations apply to commercial use not personal .
7*That's not a problem with diesel .
8*Get the pump and you will thank your self over and over again .
9*See the blue drum in # 4 and the white drum in #5.

10*Don't take the tank to get it filled take 4 5 gallon cans and put 3.75 gallons in each one so they won't be so heavy to handle when filling the 15 gallon tank.

11*It's not over kill you 're simply not putting it to full use.
12*I did an off the drum on the shelf mount of my pump.

Sure I could get a second 55 gallon drum and use the pump to transfer the fuel from one to another but why when I have a tractor with a loader that can easily lift it so I only need to have one 55 gallon drum. Most of the time I have the dealer fill it when he fills my HHO tank. But in the winter the truck can't make it up my driveway so if I need more diesel I bring the drum to them. It's only happened once (two years ago). So if I went the two drum method I would either have to find a clean drum or store a clean drum for years.

It's over kill in the same way the MK tile saw (the one my HF clone is copied from) would be if I had spent the money to buy it. I value quality and long life but there comes a point when, like in the case of my HF tile saw, the extra quality will never pay for itself. Sometimes I opt to say who cares and spend the extra money (like with my 15gmp fill-rite pump) and other times I don't.

/ How Do You Fill Your Diesel Tank #84  
Sure I could get a second 55 gallon drum and use the pump to transfer the fuel from one to another
1* but why when I have a tractor with a loader that can easily lift it so I only need to have one 55 gallon drum.
2*Most of the time I have the dealer fill it when he fills my HHO tank.
3* (like with my 15gmp fill-rite pump)
1*So do I but why do it with my tractor & loader when I already have the pump and the extra drum?
2* and 3* I would plumb the pump into the HHO tank and forget about the 55 gallon drum .

100_2582.jpg

I store 55 gallons in the center drum
I can store another 30 gallons in the first drum and another 55 gallons in the last 55 gallon drum for a total of 140 gallons.
I also have other 30 and 55 gallon drums I can add for even more storage capacity.

/ How Do You Fill Your Diesel Tank #85  
LBrown59 said:
1*So do I but why do it with my tractor & loader when I already have the pump and the extra drum?
2* and 3* I would plumb the pump into the HHO tank and forget about the 55 gallon drum .

I store 55 gallons in the center drum
I can store another 30 gallons in the first drum and another 55 gallons in the last 55 gallon drum for a total of 140 gallons.
I also have other 30 and 55 gallon drums I can add for even more storage capacity.

Very impressive. I might just have to work something up similar. So i have a project

/ How Do You Fill Your Diesel Tank
I think for us with tractors this is the least of our problems (putting gas in our tractor) I could be wrong though.
For that flap to be installed on a tractor you would have to have one pretty big wide *** diesel nozzle to work and hit those sensors. If that was your point.

Don't give them any ideas. Thats all we need is for the EPA to force some trick anti gas shut off flaps on our tractors for the 36 people in the world that have put gas in their diesel tractor over the last 80 years. I just wanted to know what you used to fill. Not add yet another safety device.

/ How Do You Fill Your Diesel Tank #87  
signature_Amz.jpg

How many times have you been embarrassed by accidentally putting regular gasoline in your diesel car逞エ tank? That sheepish call to your mechanic and trying to explain to your friends why you豎*e late again it逞エ just not something you want to repeat. Okay, well maybe you never did something so stupid, but what about when you loaned your brother the car?

Well, now you won� have to worry if you make use of Audi逞エ new technology. Your Boston used Audi A6 dealer is glad to see Audi addressing small issues that can be frustrating for owners. Audi has solved the diesel pump problem by adding sensors to the fuel flap. Diesel pump nozzles are larger than regular nozzles and will not fit into a non-diesel tank. The reverse, though, is where the problem can occur.

Audi has figured out a way to keep the smaller gasoline nozzle from fitting into the larger opening of a diesel tank. They have added sensors to a flap at the front of the tank which prevents fuel from being added unless the nozzle makes contact with all the sensors. The smaller gasoline nozzle cannot touch all the contacts at once. Problem solved. Apparently size does matter.

Boston used Audi dealersbelieve this will provide more peace of mind for owners, especially if they are buying their first diesel car and are not used to putting in that type of fuel. Audi is not the first to use this technology. BMW installed a similar system on its diesel vehicles beginning in 2009. Kudos to Audi for following a good idea.

The failsafe flap will be available on 2011 Audis, specifically the Audi A4, A5 and Q5 TDI in Europe. Because the issue of è*šå½¿sfueling has become so prevalent in the last few years and is sometimes very expensive to resolve, auto makers like Audi will likely continue to refine the way their vehicles are fueled with the consumer逞エ comfort and convenience in mind.

Customers of Boston used Audi A6 dealers should remember that this is a common enough problem that several manufacturers are addressing it. So whether you閾エe made the mistake or not, know that the potential is there, but so, now, is the method of prevention. Don� take chances with your beloved Audi engine!

So when you pull into the gas station for a fill-up, know that Audi has your back and your vehicle逞エ engine in mind. The 2011 Audi models will no doubt be popular for this feature, but most also have some impressive upgrades and buyers should visit their Boston used Audi dealer and new Audi dealer to see the amazing models they can choose from.

Post reported

/ How Do You Fill Your Diesel Tank #89  
The post is gone, but you quoted it. That makes it harder to get rid of spam.

Please dont quote spam:thumbsup:

/ How Do You Fill Your Diesel Tank #90  
Hey... You took my idea... That's exactly what I do. Two gloves and the same siphon. I siphon down to about an inch left in the container then pour the rest in. Never have any issues. I even use the blue kero containers because I don't feel like spending money on the yellow one![/QUOTE?]

Isn't that the easiest thing ever?! I must say most of the other methods/solutions here seem rather complicated and 100x more expensive. Well. To each of their own...