Tractor security?

/ Tractor security? #1  

kpmengr

Tractor
Kubota B21, John Deere 325
I will be out of town for two weeks and dont have a barn to lock up the tractor. Looking for some practical ideas to foil a thief interested in my B21.

/ Tractor security? #2  
Easy one is leaving the PTO lever engaged--tractor won't start.
Little more work, remove a front wheel.
Remember,the tractor is insured, your life isn't.

/ Tractor security? #3  
Little more work, remove a front wheel.
Remember,the tractor is insured, your life isn't.

x2... eaxctly what I did with my B2620 when I was building my cabin. PTO lever and 1 front and 1 back wheel removed and stored as far out of site as possible.

also battery, and disconnect some electrical if really worried.
BH swung out 90 degrees from tractor just to make it difficult if someone wanted to drag it.

vandalism is a completely diff. beast to protect against though.

/ Tractor security?
Good ideas. Thanks guys!

/ Tractor security? #5  
Park with your bucket against immovable object (building) and BH tight to the ground. Better yet, drop it by my house and I will watch it for you.:laughing:

/ Tractor security? #6  
Backhoe and loader pins removed and locked up with loader and backhoe partially removed....... it slows them down.

David Kb7uns

/ Tractor security? #7  
Remove a few fuses along with some of the other ideas.

/ Tractor security? #8  

That is really brilliant.

Yesterday, I heard my neighbor mowing for a second, then his mower petered out and he started cussing. So, being the neighborly type, I hopped on my mower and rode over to his house and lent it to him. Being the neighborly type, he returned it to the barn the next day without me even noticing. I went out to mow and hopped on it, and wouldn't you know it, the dang thing wouldn't start! Just as I hopped off to get the jump-starter, I remembered all the threads on TBN about HST pedals not being centered and seat switches not getting tripped and realized that the parking brake was off and the transmission was in gear. Since I always park it in neutral with the brake on, I didn't think to check it when starting it up.

Thanks, TBN!

/ Tractor security? #9  
My BX spends alot of its time out side. I always put the front edge of the bucket to the ground and BH into the ground. PTO shifted to engage and in a drive gear. So far no mishaps and its been 7 years now. They will definitely not be able to push it away without a lot of pain. Starting it is about the only option and that will raise alot of attention since I live in the city again now. I usually park it in range of the motion detector lights as well.

/ Tractor security? #10  
Got a friend? if not and travel is not a big deal you could leave it at my place