7' Hydraulic york rake

/ 7' Hydraulic york rake #1  

RobbieBones

Silver Member
Can I run a 7' Hydraulic york rake behind a B21? If not I will cut it down to 6'?
What would I need for the rear controls the rake is plumbed already.

Rob

/ 7' Hydraulic york rake #2  
Hi Rob,

I run a 6' york rake behind my B21 with no issues. Its not hydraulic tho. Your B21 has the remote hookup for the BH so you will need a valve off of that to tilt/angle the rake. Presume this is for a power angle on the rake?

I would not cut it down unless you really need to as the B21 should handle it OK doing grading and dirt work. If you are doing a lot of rock/stone grading uphill etc then you might be pushing it at 7' but try it first - no harm done.

Carl

/ 7' Hydraulic york rake
Yes it is for dirt that has plenty of rocks/stones on mostly flat land some mild slopes. Not really looking to do stoned driveways but you never know.

Rob

/ 7' Hydraulic york rake #4  
Rob,

You need a two position valve in the supply line (the top on I think on the B21) and a return line from the rake cylinder. Depending on what the rake has on it now - it is just two hoses and a cylinder or does it have a valve?

If no valve then you need to set up a valve body off the B21 Hyd connection pressure side to direct the flow in/out on the cylinder then the return from the valve body. This is the same type setup concept used on a Hyd wood splitter. The valve bodies are about $75 range then hoses and fittings.

Carl