Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    JD 5055E

Default Re: I want a bigger bucket

If you intend on ONLY doing loader work, would a skid steer work for you? The bucket is usually very large for the size of the machine. They are MUCH faster than a tractor doing loader work.
    However they do have down sides. Vision, ride, attachments are expensive, to name a few.
    Again if loader work in small spaces is what you need, that's what they were built to do.

Bill

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 5740, loaded R1's w/642 lbs cast weight, 854 loader

James, the material I move doesn't fall into the category you speak of. I deal with dirt and sand, crushed limestone, recycle, (crushed concrete and asphalt mix, one inch or less) and gravel (also one inch or less). It is a simple matter to get a bucket full. Idle into the pile, curl and it's full but I see your point on the larger stuff.
    Bill, I plow, till, dig, scrape, mow, shred, spray...all the sort of stuff that you would do with a tractor and obviously way more than just loader work. A skid steer wouldn't fill the bill for me but I have looked at some of the skid steer buckets. And I got to see a couple of the new kubota tracked skid steers last weekend. COOL!!

I may change my mind and get a new rear blade instead. Mine is junky, floppy loose and wore out. (My blade I mean) I've wanted a new one for a long time and the money I would spend on a new bucket would go a long way toward the purchase of the blade
    This one in 7 foot all hydraulic...
    http://www.landpride.com/products/12...es-rear-blades
    KK 72" tiller Rears SPF 72 inch Flail, FL960 knives, Cammond BS72E 6 foot BB,
    HF Quick hitch, RBT3584 rear blade.
    assorted two and 4 row diamond bar equipment, all junky.
    20 ft Big Tex 70CH
    Maxey 14000# 16'x83" GN dump trailer
    Oliver 6241 3 bottom rollover moldboard plow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEStYYl1Ts
    I like straight furrows
    1960 model 102 Ford 14 inch two bottom rollover plow on my little L3240

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Bigger? You mean like this? It's home-made and was on the tractor when I bought it; I only added the grapple. It can get real heavy when fully loaded, but I love the huge capacity. I've never wished it was any smaller, as you can always dump a little material out if it's too heavy, and it has allowed me to grab and move some pretty large items that might be iffy with a smaller bucket.

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -102_3603-jpg   -0512121301-jpg   -0512121353-jpg   -0518121539a-jpg   -252083_1948189346054_1282194262_31881586_4234086_n-jpg  

Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Tractor
    JD 5055E

Quote Originally Posted by allen in texas View Post
    A skid steer wouldn't fill the bill for me but I have looked at some of the skid steer buckets.
    If you decide you want a SS bucket, try one first if you can. Most of them are lo profile, and are rather deep, (front to back). They work great on a Bobcat which has lots of breakout. Not so good on Ag. loaders.
    Because of the type of material your moving you may be OK. The best thing would be to try one first.

Best, Bill

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 5740, loaded R1's w/642 lbs cast weight, 854 loader

Joe, now you're gonna make me want a grapple. Does it EVER end?
    Oh, and it looks like you might need to prop up your over head fuel tank a bit.

Bill,
    Good point on the breakout. I never thought about that. That's a lot of leverage with that long bucket. I did some more checking this weekend and I decided to keep what I have and get a new blade instead. I'll get a lot more use out of it.
    KK 72" tiller Rears SPF 72 inch Flail, FL960 knives, Cammond BS72E 6 foot BB,
    HF Quick hitch, RBT3584 rear blade.
    assorted two and 4 row diamond bar equipment, all junky.
    20 ft Big Tex 70CH
    Maxey 14000# 16'x83" GN dump trailer
    Oliver 6241 3 bottom rollover moldboard plow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEStYYl1Ts
    I like straight furrows
    1960 model 102 Ford 14 inch two bottom rollover plow on my little L3240

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Quote Originally Posted by allen in texas View Post
    Joe, now you're gonna make me want a grapple. Does it EVER end?
    Oh, and it looks like you might need to prop up your over head fuel tank a bit.
    Hah hah... Actually, that's a water tank. We had a dry spell and we really needed to water the garden. There's no way I was willing to purchase and fight with 500' of garden hose and I didn't have a spare pump, so I filled a tank I was saving for a sprayer project, attached 50ft of soaker hose, lifted it high as I can and let gravity to it's thing. Irrigation on the cheap!

And, no, It never ends.

Joe
    Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Thinking of buying a KUBOTA MX5100

i wish we had EverythingAttachments in Australia...its a very good site at it has everything you would ever need.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Thinking of buying a KUBOTA MX5100

I might have to become their agent...its crazy here...you cant find implements that easy..lol

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

I wanted a bigger bucket for my 5740 BUT only to move snow. It's considered a light meterial bucket but I made a few mods to it. I wouldn't recommend using it for heavy meterial simply because the tractor wouldn't lift it.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/w...cket-mods.html
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12