M7040 Throttle Adjustment

/ M7040 Throttle Adjustment #1  

rwskinner

Tractor
2011 M7040-DTC (4x4 CAB)
My 7040 has a little over a hundred hours on it and the hand throttle slowly backs off while using the machine. Before I start tearing stuff apart, is there a friction adjustment on it? Is it easy to get to?

Thanks
Richard

/ M7040 Throttle Adjustment #2  
My 7040 has a little over a hundred hours on it and the hand throttle slowly backs off while using the machine. Before I start tearing stuff apart, is there a friction adjustment on it? Is it easy to get to?

Thanks
Richard

With that few hours it should be a warranty matter. Let the dealer deal with it. The dealer should send out a mechanic rather than requiring you to haul in the tractor.

/ M7040 Throttle Adjustment #3  
Hi Richard.
I havnt notice any problem with this on my m7040.
It must by fairly easy to fix it. Friction-wise, I think you feel it by testing what works for you. Good luck.
/Sam

/ M7040 Throttle Adjustment #4  
Yep, I would leave it up to the dealer myself.

/ M7040 Throttle Adjustment
I'm sure it is an easy fix, I was just asking if anyone had to do this and what was involved. I'll tear off the side panel and see if there is a screw and washer that can tighten the friction.

I also know the detent on my remote valve works fine in one direction but doesn't lock very well in the other direction.

Richard

/ M7040 Throttle Adjustment #6  
Let us know what you find out.