Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: Kubota Inferior Tires!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly807 View Post
    It seems like it's the smaller Kubotas, like the BX and B series that are the loudest. I've got a Craftsman lawn tractor with hydro, and I find it louder than you'd expect for something that small. Great for mowing, I will say that much.

Sean
    My hydro JD lawn mower is not loud at all. I sure like it, and I bought a JD knowing that would be the highest quality most reliable lawn tractor I could get. Then I joined TBN and learned about the wonderful TuffTorque K46 transmission in it. And how they have no provision to change the fluid, and most fail within 200-300 hours. Of course if it doesnt rain around here soon we are not going to put any hours on it this year. Oh well, it is still a great mower.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    I finally go tired of having to add air to both front tires on my B2320. I added "slime" and it helped, but there was always green liquid slime that seeped out of both tires. Even the sidewalls!!
    Just a shame that I bought a new tractor and I get INFERIOR TWO PLY CARLISLE tires.
    Since my tractor has a loader, I was afraid to load the front bucket for fear of blowing the front tires that were inflated to their max at 22 psi.
    Dealer wouldn't do anything and I figured new Carlisle tires would be the same quality.
    I just bought and installed BKG LG-306 EIGHT PLY tires and the total price was $173.53!!
    Quite another shame that these India made tires are far better quality then the American made Carlisle!!
    I always try to buy American but the only tractor tires I could find, made in USA, were Carlisle!
    Did you check with Michelin or Firestone?

Sad part is true, better quality tires coming out of China too. The USA companies need to really step it up.
    Last edited by WilliamBos; 06-09-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Tractor
    Kubota L4400

I had the front tires on my L4400 foam filled for $170 each. they will never go flat, and they add ballast to the front. They can also be retreaded. Tire guy said that retreads work great on low speed applications, due to the lack of speed. ( speed = high temp= tread separation. I have 75 hrs on the foam filled tires no issues. Also the ride is no different.
    How do you like me now?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by davygp38
    I had the front tires on my L4400 foam filled for $170 each. they will never go flat, and they add ballast to the front. They can also be retreaded. Tire guy said that retreads work great on low speed applications, due to the lack of speed. ( speed = high temp= tread separation. I have 75 hrs on the foam filled tires no issues. Also the ride is no different.
    Do you have a web-link that would show what you had your tires filled with? I'm interested in the never flat solution that offers, but I wasn't planning to fill the tires...for fear of destroying the lawn (to much weight?) or the inside of the rims (corrosion?).

Max28XL

TIA
    http://www.ohr.edu/838
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BfhxL_JTI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UEVoSJmfs

If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free. Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

Tractor
    all makes and models

It seems that tires do fail even on the side walls! They are all made about the same and few manufacturers.

Talk to your dealers.

Tractor
    Many in the past. Today, a Kubota M59, JD530, 2 Yanmars - 16 & 33 hp, & a JD310SG

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Chilly807 was able to get his replaced for free recently from Carlisle after he whined to them. His were on a L3400. Mine were not Carlisle They were Titans. Well it looks like your problem is solved, and probably a lot better tire, too bad about the money. James K0UA
    Did kubota change away from Titans? Mine came new from Kubota wearing Titan 8-ply rating front tires four years ago. I've got to say that they are great tires in every way. Steer good, ride soft, and don't flatten out when the loader bucket if full of rocks. And wear like iron. I just looked at them and notice that my Titans have something called a "rim-guard" molded right into the side wall which certainly protects the edge of the steel rim and probably helps lock the tire in place and prevent leaks. Darn good tires. Bet they are expensive, though.
    rScotty
    Pride of place goes to our 2 cylinder John Deer 530. With her loader, PS, clutched PTO, and remote hydraulics she's as modern & useful today as 50 years ago. And has a more comfortable seat, too.
    A Kubota M59 & a JD310SG for TLB work....giving us options on doing heavy jobs.
    We'll not forget Mr. Big & Mrs. Little - 33 & 16 hp Yanmars - now gone.
    And a line-up of well-used implements that still work better than they look.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

The last new kubota I saw on the lot had Titans again, the month before was some off-shore junk that had an odd looking Ag tread. It seems like whatever is cheaper that week is what goes on. Mine has Carlisles on the front and Firestones on back. I actually like the Carlisles, these ones have given me no trouble.

Sean

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by rScotty View Post
    Did kubota change away from Titans? Mine came new from Kubota wearing Titan 8-ply rating front tires four years ago. I've got to say that they are great tires in every way. Steer good, ride soft, and don't flatten out when the loader bucket if full of rocks. And wear like iron. I just looked at them and notice that my Titans have something called a "rim-guard" molded right into the side wall which certainly protects the edge of the steel rim and probably helps lock the tire in place and prevent leaks. Darn good tires. Bet they are expensive, though.
    rScotty

My Kubota had Titans, and my Kioti has Titans, but they are both R4 tires, I am thinking the R1 tires like Chilly807 has and are Carlisle's may be standard for R1's on that size of 'bota. I don't know that for sure of course.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3700SU

My L3700 has goodyears on the front and titans on the read. Bought in july 2012.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota B2320---Wheelhorse lawn mower--- Case 480D Backhoe

I was not surprised when I googled---"problems with Carlisle tires"! I even read somewhere where they were now Made in China--but don't know that for a fact.
    WheelHorse C175
    Gravely G16
    Kubota B2320
    Case 480D Backhoe
    IH 364

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast