New to me L2900 GST ?s

/ New to me L2900 GST ?s #1  

skind

Tractor
kubota
I just bought a L2900 GST w/fel and 630 hrs. I was wondering if someone could give me some info on maintenance. What is the best motor oil to use in it (rotella 10w-40)? How many quarts does it take? What kind of hydrolic fluid does it need? And how much? And I would appreciate any other maintenance info you would have for me. Also, one other ? I want to load the rear tires possibly w/ antifreeze, can you do this without having tubes in it? I had one guy tell me you could load them without tubes as long as it was noncorrosive. Thanks for the info.

/ New to me L2900 GST ?s #2  
Rotella T6, great synthetic Diesel rated oil...
Your engine takes 4 quarts,
Hydraulic system is 10.3 Gallons,
You could use Kubota UDT or SUDT but I have been using Tractor Supply, Traveler Premium universal hydraulic fluid... Been using it for many years, It's around 1/3 the price of Kubota UDT...

As to loading the wheels You don't need tubes, you might look into "Rim Guard" instead of antifreeze ... It weighs more per gallon and is safe around plants & animals... http://www.rimguard.biz/
KennyV

/ New to me L2900 GST ?s
Hey kennyv, thanks for the info.

Anybody else been using the farm stores universal fluid as a replacement for kubota's udt fluid? If no one has had any problems with it that is what I will use. I would just like to get a little more feedback on it first. Thanks

/ New to me L2900 GST ?s #5  
Kenny,I have a L2900 GST also,and I luv it,would it handle a front end loader?
thanks
sonny

/ New to me L2900 GST ?s #6  
Yes, it will, I had one with the FEL and backhoe and sold it in July of 2011. I still miss it, it was a great tractor and after 15 years of use and 1600 hours it was still in great shaped and performed flawlessly.

/ New to me L2900 GST ?s #7