Loader B7200 Hydraulic Problem w/FEL and 3Pt Hitch

/ B7200 Hydraulic Problem w/FEL and 3Pt Hitch #1  

scfirefighter

Tractor
Kubota b7200
I recently purchased a late 80's B7200 that runs well but has a hydraulic problem. I have read other threads and think it might be the FEL control valve but I'm not sure. The hydraulics are strong (no problems loading/raising heavy dirt the bucket, bush hogging, plowing, etc.) but the bucket constantly drops and uncurles and the 3 pt hitch drops quickly. When bush hogging I have to continuously correct both attachments. Often the 3 pt hitch will not raise when using the bush hog but if I curl or raise the bucket the 3 pt hitch then raises. It immediately starts to lower again as does the bucket (uncurls too). Also, I'm not sure if it's related but the FEL joystick is very sloppy and hard to use. I'm new to tractors so any troubleshooting help is greatly appreciated!

/ B7200 Hydraulic Problem w/FEL and 3Pt Hitch #2  
I don't think the lowering of the loader has anything to do with the lowering of the 3ph because it should be using a different valve. Your tractor looks similar to my B6100 & also B7100's. The O-ring for the 3ph on these shrink after many years so you get the 3ph drop. There's a post on here that has pictures of replacing the o-ring, looks pretty simple. As for the FEL, you would need to isolate things to prove it is not leaking cylinder seals. I think I've seen others do this by looping one cylinder at a time back to itself and seeing if you get a drop. If it drops then the seals are toast for the one tested, if none drop then the loader valve needs new seals. Obviously you don't do this with the tractor running and would need to jack the bucket up, loop the line back then drop the jack to see if you get the drop from seal leak.

/ B7200 Hydraulic Problem w/FEL and 3Pt Hitch
Thanks Mike. It took me some time but I found a part diagram on Messick's site so I could order the O ring for the 3ph. I'll post back if it worked once I get it and have the time to install. Looks pretty straightforward. I'll work on the FEL after that.

/ B7200 Hydraulic Problem w/FEL and 3Pt Hitch #4  
Joy stick slop could indicate the linkage is worn out. On my Kubota B7100 the linkage parts were replaces three times in 3000 hr's.:)

/ B7200 Hydraulic Problem w/FEL and 3Pt Hitch
Update: A new set of O rings fixed the 3ph. Less than 3 bucks and an hour's worth of work and it's like new! It works smoothly both up and down and stays up for days (did a test, won't normally leave it that way). As for the FEL - a buddy who is a heavy equipment mechanic helped me with the 3 ph O rings and testing the FEL. Testing showed it looks like bad seals on all 4 cylinders. It's still strange the FEL controller 'operates' the 3ph but at this point I'm not going to worry about that. I'll repair the cylinders and linkage (thanks EGON) and post results. Coleman Equipment was very helpful in determining the model of the FEL I have and have great prices too. I recommend them.

/ B7200 Hydraulic Problem w/FEL and 3Pt Hitch #6  
Cool, you're almost shunning me into fixing mine now. :laughing:

I'm not surprised about the 4 cylinders, I bet mine are the same. Maybe I'll have some extra free time and ambition at some point. BTW, we like pictures.