Mixing bad?

/ Mixing bad? #1  

ryan08

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25 /Hustler 320
I know UDT (20w) is single weight and Super UDT is (10w20) multi-viscosity. By accident I put UDT in my tranny instead of super. Is this a big problem? :confused3:

/ Mixing bad? #3  
How about mixing Super UDT and Super UDT "2"? I saw the Super UDT 2 the other day at the dealer. Whats the difference?

/ Mixing bad? #4  
Super UDT2 Is actually synthetic...
SUDT is just a multiviscosity...
And UDT is a straight Weight.

And they are all compatible with each other, and any other UDT that is compatible with Kubota UDT's.... KennyV

/ Mixing bad? #5  
Super UDT and Super UDT2 are not synthetic. Check Kubota's website. I would think they might mention it at least once if they were. The local Kubota parts guys laugh because the literature says it has synthetic LIKE properties.

/ Mixing bad? #6  
   / Mixing bad? #7  
I wouldn't worry about it. The newer additions are lighter weight to allow the oil to get through the system better when cold weather hits. This is not a problem in warmer areas!

We have had excellent results with all or the Kubota oils and with installing it in other makes of tractors have had excellent reports from the owners of the hydro's that they are quiter and seem to be more reponsive.

IH part of the CaseIH line-up was actually one of the first companies to mass produce hydrostatic drive tractors and their oil labeled hytan was my favorite for years but we find he Kubota oil works well in the CNH hydro tractors very well actually better! I do like the Hytran because of the condensation we have here in the North east from winter as it can absorb a lot of moisture so we don't waste hydraulic pumps like with lessor oils.

/ Mixing bad? #8  
i ouldn't intentionally mix them at an oil change.. but a topp off with either likely is negligible negative impact..