bx1860 MMM mulching?

/ bx1860 MMM mulching? #1  

casolorz

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1860
I have a bx1860 with a RCK54P-23BX MMM. I have mulching blades on it but I am starting to think I need something else for mulching. Should I at a minimum have something covering the side so grass doesn't fly out? Not sure if it matters but I have gator mulching blades (which had to be drilled to fit).

/ bx1860 MMM mulching? #2  
No answer, but I'll add to the questions...

My GR2120 was delivered with a 54" deck with mulch kit. I wish it didn't have the discharge blocked off. It does a lot of clumping on that side, and makes for a poor looking lawn.

A better deal would be the setup I had on my Deere 425. It had an adjustable block off so it could be set to discharge just enough to avoid clumping.

Does Kubota have such a thing? Or anyone modified a Kubota mulch kit?

Z.

/ bx1860 MMM mulching? #3  
I believe that for the precision deck the add-on piece essentially creates 3 blade chambers that are separate from one another. It goes beyond just blocking the discharge chute.

I have a regular cut deck. My mulch kit is very different, but I am very satisfied with it.

/ bx1860 MMM mulching? #4  
I have a mulch kit on my 60" BX deck. The kit came with blades, and a bunch of steel parts that are more or less baffles and block offs. It works pretty well and I like it. It wasn't cheap, it seemed like it was around $300.

/ bx1860 MMM mulching?
Well this is odd, I never got the notifications even though I was subscribed to the thread.

Thank you for the replies, I guess I'll start looking for the kit.