New seat for b2710

/ New seat for b2710 #1  

remington270

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota B2710
I have a good bit of land and one of my tractors is a b2710. Over the mile and a half to my back fields, I get thrown around thanks to not having any shocks/springs under the seat. Anybody replaced their seat on a B series? My M7040 bounces with the bumps and is TONS better.

/ New seat for b2710 #2  
I have a good bit of land and one of my tractors is a b2710. Over the mile and a half to my back fields, I get thrown around thanks to not having any shocks/springs under the seat. Anybody replaced their seat on a B series? My M7040 bounces with the bumps and is TONS better.
I have a B2910 - which has the spring suspension mechanism seat (with armrests)

Since these two tractors are nearly identical (save for the HP and a few other items - like the seat), I would assume that the B2910 seat suspension could be fitted on a B2710.

Although it doesn't have a suspension with it, I replaced the seat on our Simplicity ZTR with the following one from Tractor Supply:

Deluxe Ultra-High Back Tractor Seat, Black

It's a very nice basic seat, with lots of foam padding (but no arm rests)

/ New seat for b2710 #3  
I don't know what year your B series tractor is but my 2006 B7800 came with a terrible stock seat and I replaced it with a Kubota seat that is available at a reduced cost through many dealers, bought mine through Messicks.com for about $70. Huge improvement in ride comfort in my rough areas.

/ New seat for b2710 #4  
Anybody replaced their seat on a B series?
I also have B2710 and would love to replace the seat, I have the same complaint. Used my neighbors JD, about the same size as mine, and his seat is 10 times more comfortable. My wife suggested getting one of those air seat cushions they sell for long trips.

/ New seat for b2710 #5  
I have a B2910 - which has the spring suspension mechanism seat (with armrests)

My B2710 has armrests and spring suspension. Are you saying you think the B2910 has a different seat assembly from the B2710? I find the bouncing on my seat extremely uncomfortable and would love to upgrade if it were something easy.

/ New seat for b2710
My model year is around 2000 for the b2710, I'll have to check into your suggestion on changing over to a b2910, sounds like your seat is what I'm after.

/ New seat for b2710 #7  
My model year is around 2000 for the b2710, I'll have to check into your suggestion on changing over to a b2910, sounds like your seat is what I'm after.
When I checked parts list for B2710 and B2910, seats are the same. Suspension is different.

/ New seat for b2710 #9  
My B2710 has armrests and spring suspension. Are you saying you think the B2910 has a different seat assembly from the B2710?
Nope .... wasn't really sure .... knew the B2910 has a spring suspension, kinda thought that the B2710 might not based on the OP .... I just threw the part about the arm rests in there just to identify which seat I had.

I find the bouncing on my seat extremely uncomfortable and would love to upgrade if it were something easy.
The suspension on the B2910 is adjustable - and it can be adjusted so that it doesn't bounce (.... or so it does :laughing:)

/ New seat for b2710 #10  
The suspension on the B2910 is adjustable - and it can be adjusted so that it doesn't bounce (.... or so it does :laughing:)

Interesting, that suspension system is different than my B2710. I'm going to look into this to see if it might work on my tractor.
tnx