Anyone upgrade their seat on an L4400 or similar tractor?

/ Anyone upgrade their seat on an L4400 or similar tractor? #1  

GLC

Tractor
Kubota L4400 with LA703 loader, Ford NAA
Just curious. My L4400 is great but a softer, easier riding seat would be nice. I do a lot of rough bush hogging and it gets to me after a while.

Anyone upgrade theirs? What did you use?

Pics or links to replacements appreciated.

Thanks.

/ Anyone upgrade their seat on an L4400 or similar tractor? #2  
   / Anyone upgrade their seat on an L4400 or similar tractor?
Wow!

Really nice work with that seat 4shorts! I'll have to look into it. The L4400 doesnt have a sheet metal pan to mount to. The seat mounts on a bracket which is on the top of the rear/hydraulic cover casting. Will probably have to weld or fabricate my bracket to whatever seat I find.

Thanks!

/ Anyone upgrade their seat on an L4400 or similar tractor? #4  
Wow!

Really nice work with that seat 4shorts! I'll have to look into it. The L4400 doesnt have a sheet metal pan to mount to. The seat mounts on a bracket which is on the top of the rear/hydraulic cover casting. Will probably have to weld or fabricate my bracket to whatever seat I find.

Thanks!

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed seeing it. It's a fantastic seat and very comfortable. Glad it helped you out in some small way and maybe give you a direction to go in. Good luck with it. Cheers.

/ Anyone upgrade their seat on an L4400 or similar tractor? #5  
I also have a L4400. I would like to change to a better seat also. I will follow this thread closely. Thanks for posting.

/ Anyone upgrade their seat on an L4400 or similar tractor? #6  
I added this suspension seat fromTractor Supply Co. ($100) to my B2400. I had to make a couple small brackets, but fabrication was fairly minimal. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of brackets. The only downside, I have to move my toolbox which was previously located under stock seat and haven't got around to that yet!! It did make a huge difference for me as I had injured my back and was having trouble even mowing our yard due to pain.

Attachments

• 2011-03-26_14-36-48_679.jpg
    2011-03-26_14-36-48_679.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 512
  • 2011-03-26_14-36-32_344.jpg
    2011-03-26_14-36-32_344.jpg
    621.4 KB · Views: 497
   / Anyone upgrade their seat on an L4400 or similar tractor? #7  
Funny, I was thinking about starting this thread.

I ordered a seat from tractorboyparts off of eBay.

I will take pictures and review it.

It arrives next week.

This seat is supposed to be a direct replacement on the L4400 and has arm rests.

/ Anyone upgrade their seat on an L4400 or similar tractor? #8  
Ok, the seat came in last night.
Looks and sits great.
I plan to install it tonight.

Sorry for the delay, I planned to be testing it out by now.

/ Anyone upgrade their seat on an L4400 or similar tractor? #9  
Ok, the seat came in last night.
Looks and sits great.
I plan to install it tonight.

Sorry for the delay, I planned to be testing it out by now.

Can't wait to see it....

/ Anyone upgrade their seat on an L4400 or similar tractor? #10  
I'm assuming those of you with L4400 tractors have checked to be sure the suspension seat is actually working? On the other L series it's often seized in position and won't move until you free it up. Mine used to beat the living bejesus out of me before I discovered I even had a suspension seat. Once it was freed up it's not bad at all.

Sean