B2410 3 Point Lifting Capacity

/ B2410 3 Point Lifting Capacity #1  

schmellba99

Tractor
Kubota B2410
I have a little B2410 with a Land Pride 60" finishing mower to run around the land with. The specs on my tractor tell me that the 3 point is capable of lifting about 1200 lbs or so (if my memory serves) 24" from the 3 point center line. The finishing mower weighs in at 577 lbs.

Now I understand leverage and all that, so that 577 isn't necessarily an accurate number due to the lenght of hte mower and where the weight is. However, I would think that the 3 point would be capable of lifting it off the ground, but mine won't get it done.

Part of that is probably due to some slack in the system that I'll take a look at over the weekend, but in general, should my tractor be capable of lifting the mower off the ground?

/ B2410 3 Point Lifting Capacity #2  
It should have no trouble lifting it.

The 3PH is a modified parallelogram, so moving farther back doesnt derate the lifting capacity much. If it would be a true parallelogram, it wouldnt loose ANY bit of lifting capacity, but it isnt quite true as the toplink and lower links arent exactally the same lenght or on the same angle.

However, with only a 1500lb tractor, the front end may be the end that raises and not the mower. This is easially overcome with front ballast and/or FEL and leaving it on if equipped. Regardless though, the 3PH is more than capable of lifting it provied the other end of the tractor stays down.

/ B2410 3 Point Lifting Capacity
That's what I figured, but wasn't 100% sure. I'll need to make sure there isn't something weird going on, but if there was, it wouldn't surprise me. I had **** just trying to find information on the hydraulic line routing, and ultimately just gave up and experimented. Kubota keeps their information near top secret, which is aggravating as **** as an owner.

Ok, so yesterday afternoon I had the opportunity to look at it some more.

Looks like the 3 point is only raising up about 1/3 of it's full range of motion. What could be a cause for this? Low hydraulic fluid? Bad o-ring?

/ B2410 3 Point Lifting Capacity #5  
Looks like the 3 point is only raising up about 1/3 of it's full range of motion.

Will it go through full range of motion with no load on it? If you have the mower on, are you sure it's not binding on something, like for example the PTO shaft is too long.

Even with the mower disconnected, it only goes about 1/3 of the way through it's motion, which is why I'm wondering if it's a low fluid or bad o-ring problem.

/ B2410 3 Point Lifting Capacity #7  
I guess the first thing I would do woudl be to check the fluid level.

Second thing I would do is see if you can lift it to full height by hand. There should be little to no resistance if ya just grab the lower arm and lift.

If the fluid is full, and it lifts to max by hand, then yea, you got something internal wrong. Valve, cylinder, or pump.

Does it have a front end loader? and if so, does it operate fine?

/ B2410 3 Point Lifting Capacity #8  
I have the same Kubota tractor and same Land Pride mower and have used them for years and it lifts and works perfectly. I do have extra tractor weights on the front of the tractor to keep the front end down when the mower is lifted. I hope you are able to correct your problem soon.

By hand I can lift it all the way up with little problems at all, so it's not something mechanical that's binding.

I don't have an FEL, but do have a 4 way blade. I've had **** trying to get information on the proper plumbing for the blade and ultimately had to do the old "try this and see if it works" method.

The blade came with the tractor and the previous owner just hooked hoses up here and there when he disconnected the trencher he had on the back. Since Kubota refuses to make their information readily available, I've had to order an operator's manual (should arrive today, actually) from the dealer and dowloaded the parts manual. But as far as how to properly plumb the hydraulic lines to the tractor and the B2056 valve block I have, I may have it right, I may not. But it's impossible to tell since getting any type of schematics is impossible.

That being said, I do have it to where the blade works (although everything is backwards and switching hoses on cylinders doesn't work, but I can live with it) and the 3 point does respond to commands from the control rod, just won't go all the way up.

Right now I'm betting it's low hydraulic level, because who knows how much has been lost with all of the disconnecting and connecting of hoses, so tonight I'll hit TSC up and get some fluit and see if that solves the problem. Just was hoping somebody else has experienced the same thing I have.

I have the same Kubota tractor and same Land Pride mower and have used them for years and it lifts and works perfectly. I do have extra tractor weights on the front of the tractor to keep the front end down when the mower is lifted. I hope you are able to correct your problem soon.

Do you have any other implements? Any way you could take some pictures of the hydraulic plumbing on yours and post them here so I can see if mine is plumbed correctly?