HELP!! B7800 Bushogging, hit stump, tractor shut off, won't restart...

/ HELP!! B7800 Bushogging, hit stump, tractor shut off, won't restart... #1  

bigboyga

Tractor
Kubota L4600
I was bushhogging and hit a hidden stump and the tractor died. Nothing new there... That's happened before. (you dont want to buy my old rotary cutters! ) Usually I disengage the pto and restart the tractor. This time it felt like the pto lever didnt make back and forth correctly so I figured the pto shaft was in a bind. Took my jack out and jacked up the cutter so that I could spin the pto shaft freely by hand, but still no start. I have checked all levers, verified the tractor isnt in nuetrel. Any advice?? :confused: Tractor is low on fuel but thats not the problem. Its not even firing. Turn key lights come on and nothing, just like when its in gear and you try to start.

/ HELP!! B7800 Bushogging, hit stump, tractor shut off, won't restart... #2  
Check fuses in fuse block and one by starter , ? rocking hst foot pedal back and forth while trying to start , good luck :confused::thumbsup:

/ HELP!! B7800 Bushogging, hit stump, tractor shut off, won't restart...
welll duuuhhh!! i shoulda though of that there dadblamed peddle!!! :confused2::confused2: that fixed me up.:thumbsup: i even remember having to rock the peddle when this has happened other times. :mur:thanks so much!!!! problem solved. have a wonderful weekend!:cool2:

/ HELP!! B7800 Bushogging, hit stump, tractor shut off, won't restart... #4  
Also check the pto switch and clutch switch. If you can't find it and its at where you are mowing just hot wire.
Put a 12v jumper to the fuel shutoff sol. and jump the starter and it should start. Make sure you are N and out of the way of the wheels.

/ HELP!! B7800 Bushogging, hit stump, tractor shut off, won't restart... #5  
welll duuuhhh!! i shoulda though of that there dadblamed peddle!!! :confused2::confused2: that fixed me up.:thumbsup: i even remember having to rock the peddle when this has happened other times. :mur:thanks so much!!!! problem solved. have a wonderful weekend!:cool2:

Had a B7800 and was going to suggest this but I see it's already been suggested. I had some problems a few times with mine and always related the problem to what I had done last or thought corroded connections, etc, etc but it was always that pedal.:thumbsup: