New BX 2200 Throttle Problem

/ New BX 2200 Throttle Problem #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello,
Thanks for everyone's help with the many questions I have had concerning Kubota BX series tractors. As I have said in my previous post I took delivery of a new BX 22 this weekend, but I didn't mention that my brother in law also had a new BX 2200 delivered to him as well.

The BX 22 is great without any problems that I have noticed, however the same can't be said for my brother in laws BX 2200. The first thing that wasn't right with his was a problem with the paint on the hood. The hood had a number of dark shadow like areas in the paint.I think It might possibly be from a buffer being used to buff out the paint, or maybe it was just a problem with the paint spray gun. The dealer offered to swap the hood with another tractor they had in stock. The swap will probably be the best way to handle it versus having the hood re-sprayed.

The second problem with the BX 2200 involves the throttle cable, when the throttle is moved up (increased) as soon as you let go of it the throttle returns to the idle position.Has anyone experienced a problem with the BX 2200 throttle ?

These are the type of issues that I think should have been caught and corrected before the tractor was delivered.

Thanks in advance for your insight into this problem.

Greg Williams

/ New BX 2200 Throttle Problem
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The second problem with the BX 2200 involves the throttle cable, when the throttle is moved up (increased) as soon as you let go of it the throttle returns to the idle position.
)</font>

Sounds like the cable is probably loose at the engine side. My throttle cable was a little stiff for the first 20 hours or so (nevermind the jokes! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif) but it has eased off and works smoothly now.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( These are the type of issues that I think should have been caught and corrected before the tractor was delivered.)</font>

I gotta agree with you on that.

/ New BX 2200 Throttle Problem #3  
Greg - Have your B-I-L remove the "access" to the battery area. This gives access to the throttle lever from under the dash. There is a nut that probably needs to be tightened. Same thing happened to my BX22 shortly after purchase. Chuck

/ New BX 2200 Throttle Problem
Thanks.

Checked the cable and sure enough there was a loose nut. Tighted the nut and the throttle is working normally now.

Thanks again for the help.

Greg Williams