Backhoe Kubota BX25 Rock Pile (just for fun)

/ Kubota BX25 Rock Pile (just for fun)
It's the lake in the background at my cottage. The rock pile just kind of happened as I needed a quick place to dump them after digging them up from the "back 40". Quartz come out of the bush and I've been trying to get it for over 10 years, finally got it this year.

Attachments

• IMG00255-20120623-2034.jpg
    IMG00255-20120623-2034.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 2,334
   / Kubota BX25 Rock Pile (just for fun) #13  
No more rock piles for me, thanks!!! :)

DSCN0982.JPG

DSCN5741.JPG

DSCN5879.JPG

DSCN5884.JPG

DSCN5837.JPG

DSCN5839.JPG

DSCN6074.JPG

DSCN6086.JPG

DSCN6083.jpg

DSCN6098.JPG

/ Kubota BX25 Rock Pile (just for fun) #14  
Haha, my quartz is bigger than yours! :laughing: ;)

When we lived in Maine I spent the better part of a long day digging out a chunk of quartz about half--3/4 the size of an old Volkswagen. Took all that I had in equipment and my 95 HP loader tractor to get it up to the house. Why, I'm not sure but it was a nice spring day. Just as I dumped it in the yard my wife yelled "get it out of here" but the ground was so soft--and the rock so heavy--that it stayed there until we left.
To my wife's disbelief, I sold it for pretty good money. I told the buyer to bring a heavy trailer but he showed up with a snowmobile trailer. I didn't want to load it but he insisted. As he was inching down the road we could see the back wheels start to splay out from the axle bending.
The quartz was great and I brought a couple 200 to 300 lb pieces of milky quartz with us when we moved just for the memories.

/ Kubota BX25 Rock Pile (just for fun) #15  
very nice compilation. I plan to run a gas line to my back yard and build a similar structure for grilling and congregating.

/ Kubota BX25 Rock Pile (just for fun) #16  
When we lived in Maine I spent the better part of a long day digging out a chunk of quartz about half--3/4 the size of an old Volkswagen. Took all that I had in equipment and my 95 HP loader tractor to get it up to the house. Why, I'm not sure but it was a nice spring day. Just as I dumped it in the yard my wife yelled "get it out of here" but the ground was so soft--and the rock so heavy--that it stayed there until we left.
To my wife's disbelief, I sold it for pretty good money. I told the buyer to bring a heavy trailer but he showed up with a snowmobile trailer. I didn't want to load it but he insisted. As he was inching down the road we could see the back wheels start to splay out from the axle bending.
The quartz was great and I brought a couple 200 to 300 lb pieces of milky quartz with us when we moved just for the memories.

Wow, mine is not that big. :confused2:

P1000807.jpg

/ Kubota BX25 Rock Pile (just for fun) #17  
In Maine we had a big rock--size of maybe a Volkswagon or two--that sat in the middle of a field and made moldboard plowing difficult. Darned glacial till.
Anyway, I tried for 10 years to get someone with a D-9 out to move it but no one would stop. Finally, a guy down the road was blasting a basement and I asked if he could "crack it into a couple of pieces". Not sure what happened but think of the Butch Cassisdy and Sundance movie clip where they used too much dynamite to blow the safe. He for sure used way too much and I found many hundreds of pieces of rock within the blast crater. But, the rock was gone. Picked rock for two days.

/ Kubota BX25 Rock Pile (just for fun) #18  
its better in tiny pieces instead of struggling with 2 halves ... :laughing:

/ Kubota BX25 Rock Pile (just for fun) #19  
You can always paint the rocks and make em look interesting.

Attachments

• Kubota BX25 & Frog.jpg
    Kubota BX25 & Frog.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Kubota BX25 & T Rex.jpg
    Kubota BX25 & T Rex.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 171
   / Kubota BX25 Rock Pile (just for fun) #20  
You can always paint the rocks and make em look interesting.

Heck you can go way beyond that. At a minor electronics firm nick named Big Blue (where I work), they sold off some 200 acres of land. Then they used some of that money to fancy up the site and courtyards in between some of the buildings. They look great! But the landscape company came in and formed the rocks out of chicken wire. They are basically painted paper mache! You wouldn't know it to look at them. Until the mower threw something through the side of one and there was this big dark hole in the side of the "rock"...