Oil & Fuel 400 hour service

/ 400 hour service #1  

07 LMM LTZ

Silver Member
Tractor
L 3940 HSTC
I just did the 400 hour service on my l3940 I just can't believe how much that the Super UDT2 cost.

/ 400 hour service #2  
I just did the 400 hour service on my l3940 I just can't believe how much that the Super UDT2 cost.

How much per gallon? I haven't priced any yet.

/ 400 hour service
$106 for a 5 gal bucket and $22 for a gal jug and mine takes just shy of 12 gallons

/ 400 hour service #4  
Thanks for the information. Man that's a lot of money, it has been years since I used any and that was the original formulation. Our dealer doesn't keep it in stock, but I am going to check to see what comes in new tractors.

/ 400 hour service #5  
Ours needs it too, just crossed the 400 hour mark. LMM do you a front end loader? I realize you won't be able to drain it but how much were actually able to put back in it once you drained the tranny? I'm going have too do some calling around on prices.

/ 400 hour service #6  
$106 for a 5 gal bucket and $22 for a gal jug and mine takes just shy of 12 gallons

That's not too bad for a OE fluid. We run an aftermarket synthetic fluid in all our equipment and it's about $200 per 5 gallon bucket. It will also run three times the service interval per oil analysis so it's worth it.

/ 400 hour service #7  
That's not too bad for a OE fluid. We run an aftermarket synthetic fluid in all our equipment and it's about $200 per 5 gallon bucket. It will also run three times the service interval per oil analysis so it's worth it.

What brand are you running ?

/ 400 hour service #8  
First, I would NEVER advise anyone to increase service intervals unless they are willing to do used oil analysis to determine fluid condition. That's the only way to accurately determine safe intervals. In the last 6 years we have run several fluids to determine which one was best for our applications. I won't endorse any paticular brand but I will list three that have been easily capable of 800hr intervals in our stuff.
1. Royal Purple Syntractor III
2. Schaeffer 315
3. Texas Refinery Corp. UTF
We settled on choice number two because we also run their oils, greases, and fuel additives. Any one of the three are stout fluids that are compatable and surpass Super UDT specs. Many people mistakenly think Super UDT is a synthetic oil. It is not. It simply has more pour-point depressants in it to make it more suitable for extreme cold weather use.

/ 400 hour service
Yes I have a front end loader I made sure all the cylinders were fully retracted including the 3 point. It took about 11.5 gals to refill it. Hope this helps

/ 400 hour service #10  

Picked up 12.5 gallon Super UDT2, eight quarts of synthetic oil. transmission filter, hydraulic filter, oil filter, inner and outer air filter and fuel filter for a 400 hour service on a L3830. Coughed and left over five hundred dollars on the dealers parts counter. I think he, the dealer said pick up and delivery and a four hundred hour service would be over one thousand dollars.

I look for some very unhappy people in the near future when they start pricing the required hourly services.