Matching the paint

/ Matching the paint #1  

droy

Silver Member
Tractor
NH Boomer 55, ZD1211
Did a couple of searches this forum, "matching Kubota orange", and "matching Kubota paint". Lots of stuff popped up, but couldn't find what I needed......
Recently purchased L4740, want to weld hooks on fel and Woods bb (painted orange). I know you guys have found the correct color match in a rattle can for touch up stuff like this.

Intending to mount rear work lights, top of cab near turn signal lights. Noticed wires nearby, not connected, would these possibly be for the work lights, if so, are they connected to light switch?

Thanks in advance.

Most important, Happy Independence Day to everyone, and everlasting thanks to those who served so that we may remain free.

/ Matching the paint #2  
I bought a rattle can at Tractor Supply that matched good. I am not sure of the brand, it was the only one they had that was labeled "Kubota orange". They also sell it in quarts and gallons if you had a bigger project.

/ Matching the paint #3  
I bought a can of "new Kubota orange" at the local Kubota dealer. They also had "old Kubota orange" for tractors I think made pre 80s (not sure of year). The "old" looks like faded "new" so if anyone out there has a new one that has been out in the sun much, they may have a little bit of a mismatch.

/ Matching the paint
Thanks, didn't think of TS, figured the dealer would have some, just a little pricey.

/ Matching the paint #5  
The Van Sickle paint is a good match if your paint is not too faded. Think they are also the ones that make the Tractor Supply paint also.

David Kb7uns

/ Matching the paint #6  
I need some paint to match HOWSE rotory mower.....RED. Anyone know where I can locate that? Tried dealer, tried internet????
Thanks

/ Matching the paint #7  
Droy,
Re your work lights, if they were like mine on my B3030, I would advise you to get the kit from Kubota. It will include the lights, the bracket mod for em, as well as the switch. Here's a pic of what the cab looks like on mine without the headliner. Too bad Kubota tapes the sucker to the ceiling, instead of just letting the switch harness dangle.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 Rear Light Switch.jpg
    Kubota B3030 Rear Light Switch.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 146
   / Matching the paint #8  
Chevy orange engine paint is a really good match, also. I believe it's number 1126.