Silver Member
    Tractor
    L4740, GR2120

Default Matching the paint

Did a couple of searches this forum, "matching kubota orange", and "matching Kubota paint". Lots of stuff popped up, but couldn't find what I needed......
    Recently purchased L4740, want to weld hooks on fel and Woods bb (painted orange). I know you guys have found the correct color match in a rattle can for touch up stuff like this.

Intending to mount rear work lights, top of cab near turn signal lights. Noticed wires nearby, not connected, would these possibly be for the work lights, if so, are they connected to light switch?

Thanks in advance.

Most important, Happy Independence Day to everyone, and everlasting thanks to those who served so that we may remain free.
    "Life is tough, but it's a lot harder if you're stupid!".......John Wayne

Gold Member

Default Re: Matching the paint

I bought a rattle can at Tractor Supply that matched good. I am not sure of the brand, it was the only one they had that was labeled "kubota orange". They also sell it in quarts and gallons if you had a bigger project.

Banned
    Tractor
    L5450

I bought a can of "new kubota orange" at the local Kubota dealer. They also had "old Kubota orange" for tractors I think made pre 80s (not sure of year). The "old" looks like faded "new" so if anyone out there has a new one that has been out in the sun much, they may have a little bit of a mismatch.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    L4740, GR2120

Thanks, didn't think of TS, figured the dealer would have some, just a little pricey.
    "Life is tough, but it's a lot harder if you're stupid!".......John Wayne

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

The Van Sickle paint is a good match if your paint is not too faded. Think they are also the ones that make the Tractor Supply paint also.

David Kb7uns
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Tractor
    kubota L3010

I need some paint to match HOWSE rotory mower.....RED. Anyone know where I can locate that? Tried dealer, tried internet????
    Thanks

Droy,
    Re your work lights, if they were like mine on my B3030, I would advise you to get the kit from kubota. It will include the lights, the bracket mod for em, as well as the switch. Here's a pic of what the cab looks like on mine without the headliner. Too bad Kubota tapes the sucker to the ceiling, instead of just letting the switch harness dangle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -kubota-b3030-rear-light-switch  

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Chevy orange engine paint is a really good match, also. I believe it's number 1126.