Worlds Strongest Kubota Bucket, Custom Toothbar

/ Worlds Strongest Kubota Bucket, Custom Toothbar
Re: Worlds Strongest Kubota Bucket, Custom Toothbar, maybe not.

Well, I got my Kubota back sort of repaired after the fire and went out to tackle moving the piles of spoils I dug with the excavator.

I was working the L39 near the spot where I threw a track on the excavator, not exactly smooth as my smart wife ordered me not to even think of driving the RTV 900 there.

It was an uncomfortable, wild ride on the L39, so I decided I'd first smooth things out a bit before I break the front axle.

There is this piece of rock or broken ledge sticking out of the ground so I figure I'm too lazy to get off the L39 and hop on the excavator parked 30' away and what the heck these new teeth should pop that rock right out.

Pop it did but it was the tooth adapter on the bucket. I was surprised I could generate that much force with the L39. At least the rock came out.

So I get another adapter and bring it back to be welded and also have extra weld deposited on the rest of the adapters.

So what happens next? I snap the cutting edge.

Back to the welder. We do a double anneal on the toothbar and reweld with PWHT. I then grind the entire weld smooth.

The good news I went all day today without a problem.

I think I will try to be a little easier on the teeth and should not have a problem. I suspect I would have completely torn off a standard bolt-on tooth bar.

With the tooth bar I can take a good bite out of a pile.

PS I used the excavator to load this rock in the bucket, as I could never get it in the bucket otherwise. Estimated weight is over 2200 lbs. Don't try this without additional weights in rear! Also, note missing tooth.

Attachments

• P1010716.jpg
    P1010716.jpg
    833.4 KB · Views: 1,389
  • P1010717.jpg
    P1010717.jpg
    820.7 KB · Views: 503
   / Worlds Strongest Kubota Bucket, Custom Toothbar
Re: Custom Toothbar. Maxed out loader capacity

I move these rock about 500'. The carry was scary, as even on a gentle side slope, or going down a little grade, the rear end lifted and the bucket scraped the ground. That did not create too much of a tipping danger, as I really could barely get the bucket 4-8" off ground. As I have a 125 lb thumb and 750 lbs of wheel weights, even with stronger hydarlics, the tractor's axles could not handle a heavier load.

I estimate there is at least 20-22 cubic feet of rock and the two rocks weigh about 2,600 lbs or so, based on about 125 lbs /ft^3

Attachments

• P1010718.jpg
    P1010718.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 433
  • P1010720.jpg
    P1010720.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 292
   / Worlds Strongest Kubota Bucket, Custom Toothbar #13  
Hi Mike

That definitely looks like a full load. It's a good thing you have those shiny new teeth on or I don't think that bottom rock would even stay in the bucket. When I collected all the rocks for my latest wall project there were a number that were above ground in the pile. I was able to get them on the forks and curl back with the L45 but not really lift them. I had to hurry to my trailer and get them loaded before the hydraulics leaked down to the point I couldn't get them in. I'm glad that although all the bugs in the L39 haven't been worked out yet at least you're back in business!

Regards,

Lauren