Oil & Fuel where is oil filter located on T1560?

/ where is oil filter located on T1560? #1  

canucklehead

Gold Member
Tractor
1979 Ford 1500, Toro 455D 10' mower w/ Renault diesel,
probably the stupidest question I've ever asked.... I bought a T1560 riding mower today. Went to Kubota and bought several tune up parts. They sold me an expensive oil filter that made me cry. I can't find an oil filter on there. When I looked at their website, they have a parts diagram and seem to show the filter as optional so maybe mine never had one??? Seems bizarre. I looked under air filter area, nothing there. nothing obvious by fill tube.

thanks for any info!!!

And Kubota.com doesn't have any info for Owner's manual. Everyone seems to have that capability. Not impressed with that part, although I do like their products.

/ where is oil filter located on T1560? #2  
I bet yours came without one. They should refund you for the filter I would think.

/ where is oil filter located on T1560?
they appear to sell a kit to add it, so i think I'll get that.

hey kubo, I've got a W5021 and W5019 mowers. they are unbelievably great mowers.

used this T1560 tonight and it seems like a decent mower. a bit noisy when I engage hydrostatic, maybe I should change the fluid, but I don't think it's set up to be done easily.

/ where is oil filter located on T1560? #4  
I think the spin on oil filter was an option for the Kawasaki motor on those mowers.

/ where is oil filter located on T1560? #5  
I have a Kubota T1560, which is leaking out oil from dipstick, after say 10min of use? Is this a pressure issue? Was told the oring at bottom of dipstick was replaced when I purchased, at that time I had just cut my lawns, with no problem twice, then the third time to cut grass I noticed this problem. Anyone have same issue?

is it leaking out the top at dipstick, or bottom of dipstick tube. I have never had this issue and would guess the o-ring at the top of my actual dipstick (never paid attention and didn't know I had an o-ring there) is probably worn out. I can't imagine enough oil pressure to push oil out through top of tube. Maybe clean tube really good and look for a hairline crack/split.

do you have an oil filter? I ordered a John Deere filter housing from ebay for $20-30, for this Kawasaki FC420V engine. They are the same motor, and the filter housing bolted right on. I also ordered a new rubber gasket but the old one probably would have worked. You will need longer bolts. I believe they are M8, 1.25 pitch, 40mm long. I got them at Rona (or Home Depot). Worth having the oil filter set up. I can't believe Kubota wouldn't put them in stock like JD.

don't all engines need some form of crankcase breather? Is there a breather or filter of some type that might be plugged or clogged?

hey kman, where are you located in Canada? what do you think of the mower? Mine has the nicest cut of any ride on I've owend. looks like it's been push-mowed.

also, I bought a Kubota manual (was pricey & painful). The tranny holds 2.3L of 20-50 motor oil. But to add/change seems like you have to remove rear end to dump out old oil, and to add to it. arrggghh...why not put accessable drain and fill plugs on?

/ where is oil filter located on T1560? #8  
It came without one. That was an optional item when the mower was new.