Artisan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
You know, this shipping cost thing is WAYyyyyy out of hand. :thumbdown:
I just went to messicks and they wanted almost $16.00 to ship a silly
WSM for a BX25. Well, I say to myself, ... maybe I will call and get
someone to slip it in a padded envelope and go USPS since UPS DESTROYS
and charges so darn much as it is..., but no... "Sorry" is all's I got.

O-Key-DOE-KEY THEN! (In my best Jim Carry Animal Doc Voice!)

A little search here and a little search there and VIOLA! Lashley Tractor
has purchased BigOrangeManuals.com and ANYTHING over $50.00 ships
FREE! I like free, heck, I even like reasonable too but I all's I got first attempt
was UNREASONABLE.

$77.57 Plus maybe 8 bux shipping would have been reasonable, indeed the
real cost would have been $77.57 + 15.75 shipping =OTD $93.32

$73.32 w/ FREE SHIP =OTD $73.32

!(((HELLO)))!

THAT IS A TWENTY DOLLAR SAVINGS, what is that, like 24% less?
THAT is HUGE!

Say La Vee

Kubota Tractors - Lashley Tractor Sales got my dabloons and will get more.

I am MAD. :irked: This shipping rip off HAS to stop. ON TOP OF THAT, UPS
DESTROYS most of my packages. My UPS driver RUNS to leave
before I open the door and rip him a new one for delivering
DESTROYED GOODS! :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
   / Lashley Tractor Sales FREE SHIPPING +$50.00 Kubota WSM #2  
Art, Good luck, hope it works out..Nearly every one gets the point on deliverys?? Prices are going out the window on all of it..I did read your frustration from the way you wrote it out here. regards, JY.

/ Lashley Tractor Sales FREE SHIPPING +$50.00 Kubota WSM #3  
Well, I take a bit of exception here. Neil Messick and his staff have done alot to help many folks on this forum over the years, not to mention given their support. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the cheapest price is not always the cheapest in the long run!
I want to save a buck as much as the next guy.. maybe more.. You could have just as easily told your story without mentioning names, embarrassing a good, and very helpful longtime member here, and painting his business in a less than flattering light. The guys on the phone.. the average employees at Messick's have helped me alot with free advice. If that advice cost me a few bucks extra one way or the other in a product I've bought, so be it, it was well worth it when all is said and done
Sometimes businesses operate in different markets, and do what they need to do to survive. Tax treaties between states is one aspect over which there is sometimes no control. I don't know a thing about the shipping aspect.

I don't think Messick's deserved this!

BTW, I don't know if you've ever perused Messick's website and looked at the free detailed tutorials for maintaining a Kubota tractor, and I'm sure quite similar to one you own. There's a wealth of imformation there free for the taking, but no one ever posts positives... just negatives!

I think I'll take a little break now...

/ Lashley Tractor Sales FREE SHIPPING +$50.00 Kubota WSM #4  
no longer is "shipping and handling" charges the buzz word but "processing and handling". This allows them to charge whatever they want to on top of shipping. So, that sets up the scenario that the merchant may use the least expensive method to ship and still charge for other BS.

Last I knew, a good business plan accounts for all expenses in making/packaging and selling a product. So, why is there separate charges for picking and boxing products. All expenses associated with getting a product out the door should be figured into the retail pricing.

One of the best examples I learned was in the Pizza business when I first started working years ago. As I was being trained from day one, I learned more and more about how each component of the end product had a "cost" associated with it. This was invaluable in tracking our food expense vs sales, you could calculate a lot about profit and loss. In addition labor cost was also tracked and staffing adjusted accordingly. Although not adjustable, utilities were essentially a fixed expense based on hours of operation. All of these were used to calculate the product cost and then add a profit margin.

So, a highly successful business, around for decades- has never charged an additional processing and handling fee for boxing up a pizza and sending it out the door.

IMHO, these extra fees are bogus. If they can't cover their operating expenses in coming up with a retail price, then they are just cheating a customer.

/ Lashley Tractor Sales FREE SHIPPING +$50.00 Kubota WSM #5  
Well, I take a bit of exception here. Neil Messick and his staff have done alot to help many folks on this forum over the years, not to mention given their support. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the cheapest price is not always the cheapest in the long run!
I want to save a buck as much as the next guy.. maybe more.. You could have just as easily told your story without mentioning names, embarrassing a good, and very helpful longtime member here, and painting his business in a less than flattering light. The guys on the phone.. the average employees at Messick's have helped me alot with free advice. If that advice cost me a few bucks extra one way or the other in a product I've bought, so be it, it was well worth it when all is said and done
Sometimes businesses operate in different markets, and do what they need to do to survive. Tax treaties between states is one aspect over which there is sometimes no control. I don't know a thing about the shipping aspect.

I don't think Messick's deserved this!

BTW, I don't know if you've ever perused Messick's website and looked at the free detailed tutorials for maintaining a Kubota tractor, and I'm sure quite similar to one you own. There's a wealth of imformation there free for the taking, but no one ever posts positives... just negatives!

I think I'll take a little break now...
Messicks has really done me well too...Not had any packaging problems with any thing they shipped..They even shipped me the entire headlight assy for my tractor. It is about 18 inches long and 4 inches square and solid polished and clear plastic. Not even a scratch on any of it?
But in Artisians defense, I did have an engine rebuild gasket set destroyed by door delivery... after waiting over a week for it?

/ Lashley Tractor Sales FREE SHIPPING +$50.00 Kubota WSM #6  
Art,
You should start giving your UPS driver a Christmas tip. I give my driver one and I have the nicest packages delivered to my house. Didn't you watch the Sophranos?

/ Lashley Tractor Sales FREE SHIPPING +$50.00 Kubota WSM #7  
Lucky you didn't order a TV..

/ Lashley Tractor Sales FREE SHIPPING +$50.00 Kubota WSM #8  
Art,
You should start giving your UPS driver a Christmas tip. I give my driver one and I have the nicest packages delivered to my house. Didn't you watch the Sophranos?

That is another gripe of mine...........
Why the hel. do all of these high paid, UPS, US Mail, Fed Ex and so on expect tips?
No one ever tips me, I can see tipping a waiter/waitress, and a few other positions, but why would these other freaking high paid postions expect tips?

/ Lashley Tractor Sales FREE SHIPPING +$50.00 Kubota WSM #9  
Never tipped a UPS or Fedex driver and never even thought about doing that and I can't remember even one package that was damaged. Heck, most of the time no ones around when the package arrives anyway.

/ Lashley Tractor Sales FREE SHIPPING +$50.00 Kubota WSM
Art,

Ummm...No. I do not watch fictional drama TV shows. Not saying
I think your choice is bad, just not for me. Documentaries, Science,
real word stuff gets my time. Besides, I have WAY more entertaining
and "thoughtful" ways of dealing w/ tip demanding extortionists. :mischievous: