wallenstein 62r chipper

/ wallenstein 62r chipper #2  
I assume that's your tractor and chipper?
Very nice!!

Video quality was also very nice!

/ wallenstein 62r chipper #3  
Nice! Doesn't the hydro feed have speed control? You might want to back down on the feed speed so it doesn't bog your tractor so often.

/ wallenstein 62r chipper
Yes it does have a speed control. I don't plan to put that big of stuff through it all the time. Just wanted to see what it was capable of.

/ wallenstein 62r chipper #5  
Gotcha'

I just ordered a BX42S. I'm sure it would have been much nicer to have the hydraulic feed but I couldn't justify the extra cost for my use. Like others on the forum have stated, anything 3" or larger is firewood to me. In fact, I often burn smaller than that so in my case I can say anything over 2" is firewood. I routinely put a small piece along with a bigger piece or two of wood in the wood stove. I'm sure you'll put that machine to good use.

/ wallenstein 62r chipper #7  
So, tell us the truth natem; did you go out in the yard and cut down a tree that wasn't really scheduled to be removed just so you could try out your new "toy"????

/ wallenstein 62r chipper
You know it!!! Its was the closest one to me. Walked into garage and got the chain saw and zip. then through it went.

On another note. Used the chipper today for an extended amount of time and it ran real well. Just wondering how hot is to hot for the hydro fluid to be. Could touch all the hoses, but just couldn't hold on to them for a while other wise it would be to hot. I have felt the pistons on the backhoe when it has been real hot but this didn't seem any hotter. Wish Kubota had a temp gauge for the hydro fluid on the L45. I forgot the camera to get some more footage, sorry! There will be more jobs to come though.

/ wallenstein 62r chipper #9  
Compared to using a hydrostatic drive for something like pulling a disk set or plowing or anything else along those lines, I can't imagine the hydro drive working the shredder puts much of a load on the system.