Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Default Re: Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers???

Thanks gentlemen for all the replies and advice and great pics.I just ordered a set of spacers.$20,000+ tractor... so $325 should be no big deal even for a cheapskate like me!
    Can I install them fairly easily myself?Thanks in advance for any advice.-Andy.
    Andy.
    2004 Kubota B3030HSDC

Proud member Local 693 Plumbers/Pipefitters

The install is straight forward enough. If you do it yourself, it would be nice to have an air gun. I paid my local garage to do it, because I don't own an air gun and the tires are loaded. I whimped out.
    Last edited by AStanton; 08-05-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540 Cab

The spacers were the best investment I made for my B3030. I think its worth having the dealer install them if your tires are loaded. Those bad boys are very heavy if they are.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

I installed my wheel spacers in this thread. I needed them to clear the mounting pins (bolts) when I installed my Woods BH-80X on my B3030. Very straightforward........ similar to removing and replacing a wheel on a car. If your tires are loaded, get some help !!! They are very heavy, and if one flops on its side, I doubt you will lift it back up yourself. And gawd help you if it landed on your foot.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...oods-bh-2.html

Elite Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

many tractors, you can swap rear tires, for side to side (so you keep tread going in same direction) and gain some extra width. it is all in the rims. instead of the center plate being directly in center of the rim/tire. they will be offset some. to allow narrow or wider setup. pending on how they are placed on.

when ya get into tractors directly geared for field use. were crop rows can change yearly pending on what crop is planted. you will see a lot of swapping of rear tires to change widths. or wheel spacers so the tires run in between the rows. this goes for fronts and rear tires alike. so front tires do not run over the crop while rear tires goes between the crop.

for most part i just assume, rear tires are set to "narrow" for the rims. and it is left up to the dealer or customer to swap tires around to get a wider width. so what ever semi trailer or truck/trailer hauling the stuff can use a short width trailer. and perhaps for dealers being able to park an extra tractor in there lot.
    Ryan

Elite Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

my advice find some concrete to work on and use a engine stand, cherry picker, or something else. that you can use to help pickup and keep the tire up right. and then easily slide errr "roll" around to re-align all the bolts and nuts up. those rear tires can be one heavy beast. and i would not recommend a single person job, but 2 person job.

on thing i dislike about rear end of tractors. there is no easy place to put a floor jack to other. and lift tractor up, and then finding room to block the rear end up. everything just gets to tispy topsy. and ya need to be careful. a lot of weight, and a lot of shifting, kicking, and screaming, when dealing with the heavier stuff. and things can go bad in a heart beat, if not securely blocked up. and other wheels are chocked up.

or contact a agriculture / tire dealer. and have them come out and due it for you. that may charge 50 to 150 bucks just for a visit. if you want filled rear tires, they could do that to while out.

============
    been wanting a 500lb to 1000lb crane with a hand winch on it that either fits in back of pickup truck or onto trailer that also 180 to 360 degree turn, harborfreight, grainger, northentool normally have some sort of sale. and of course when they have the sale, something comes up that money needs to go else were.
    Ryan

Here is what you can do with 4.1 inch spacers and the tires turned out to their wides position.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540 Cab

Unfortunatly you can not swap the wheels side to side on the B3030. You have to use the spacers to get the extra width.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12