Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers???

/ Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers??? #1  

poosniffer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
Hello fellow members.
Two winters ago I purchased some double ring tire chains for my B3030 cab tractor.Unfortunately they rubbed on the inner part of the fender and I returned them.Problem is,I have a steep grade that requires traction in the winter.It's almost impossible to get traction when there is ice or packed snow.I do not want to spend the xtra $$$ for wheel spacers.My question is: Is there a type of chain or cable that would clear the fenders on my tractor without the use of wheel spacers? Not sure if studding the tires would work.
Thanks for any advice.-Andy.

/ Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers??? #2  
I haven't tried them, but the Aqualine MPC chains look like they would work. Also, Trygg make some lighter weight chains for tight clearances.

I have a similar problem as you, with tight clearance to the vertical inside fender support. I got my DUO chains to work, but would like more clearance. Also, there is a gap where the ends join that I filled with regular cross chains with mediocre success.

/ Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers??? #3  
Poo,
I found that spacers for my B3030 was one of the best investments I ever made. They cost $325 with an additional cost of one hour labor to install them. For this, you get to use your tractor year round without worry of rolling it or getting stuck in the middle of a storm--where nothing or noboby is moving.
I forgot to say: In the land of ice and snow, the man with chains is king!

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 Spacers #1.jpg
    Kubota B3030 Spacers #1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 844
  • Kubota B3030 Spacers #2.jpg
    Kubota B3030 Spacers #2.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,162
  • Kubota B3030 Stacking Snow.jpg
    Kubota B3030 Stacking Snow.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,709
Last edited:
   / Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers??? #4  
Poo,
I found that spacers for my B3030 was one of the best investments I ever made. They cost $325 with an additional cost of one hour labor to install them. For this, you get to use your tractor year round without worry of rolling it or getting stuck in the middle of a storm--where nothing or noboby is moving.

I've been meaning to get the spacers for a loooong time. They'd be helpful for my hilly bushhogging also. I think it's time to "just do it," as NIKE says..

/ Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers??? #5  
poosniffer said:
Hello fellow members.
Two winters ago I purchased some double ring tire chains for my B3030 cab tractor.Unfortunately they rubbed on the inner part of the fender and I returned them.Problem is,I have a steep grade that requires traction in the winter.It's almost impossible to get traction when there is ice or packed snow.I do not want to spend the xtra $$$ for wheel spacers.My question is: Is there a type of chain or cable that would clear the fenders on my tractor without the use of wheel spacers? Not sure if studding the tires would work.
Thanks for any advice.-Andy.

Hhehhruu

/ Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers??? #6  
Poo,

I have to agree with AStanton....... rear spacers were money VERY well spent.

I did see a 3030 at the local dealer.... on consignment, I think. I do not know what brand of chains they were, but they did fit with no spacers. Very small chain.... and it didn't look like they would last very long. So.... it is possible.

/ Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers??? #7  
How far does the spacers push out the rear tires?

/ Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers??? #9  
My chains are the smallest I could find at the time. They came so close to the fender that if they loosed up they would hit the fender. Put a set of spacers in. Have not looked back. Never have taken them back out. B2910 and B3030 have same wheels/tires and fenders.

/ Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers??? #10  
Can one tell by just looking at the rear tires/fenders? I have a B2620 with industrial tires and wonder if a stock chain would have clearance enough. I'm thinking that this B model won't work as good as my BX2660 did with turfs on in snow. thanx..