Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Default Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers???

Hello fellow members.
    Two winters ago I purchased some double ring tire chains for my B3030 cab tractor.Unfortunately they rubbed on the inner part of the fender and I returned them.Problem is,I have a steep grade that requires traction in the winter.It's almost impossible to get traction when there is ice or packed snow.I do not want to spend the xtra $$$ for wheel spacers.My question is: Is there a type of chain or cable that would clear the fenders on my tractor without the use of wheel spacers? Not sure if studding the tires would work.
    Thanks for any advice.-Andy.
    Andy.
    2004 Kubota B3030HSDC

Proud member Local 693 Plumbers/Pipefitters

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

I haven't tried them, but the Aqualine MPC chains look like they would work. Also, Trygg make some lighter weight chains for tight clearances.

I have a similar problem as you, with tight clearance to the vertical inside fender support. I got my DUO chains to work, but would like more clearance. Also, there is a gap where the ends join that I filled with regular cross chains with mediocre success.

Default Re: Kubota B3030 HSDC Tire Chains Without Spacers???

Poo,
    I found that spacers for my B3030 was one of the best investments I ever made. They cost $325 with an additional cost of one hour labor to install them. For this, you get to use your tractor year round without worry of rolling it or getting stuck in the middle of a storm--where nothing or noboby is moving.
    I forgot to say: In the land of ice and snow, the man with chains is king!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -kubota-b3030-spacers-1-jpg   -kubota-b3030-spacers-2-jpg   -kubota-b3030-stacking-snow-jpg  
    Last edited by AStanton; 07-23-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Tractor
    Kubota B-7800

Quote Originally Posted by AStanton View Post
    Poo,
    I found that spacers for my B3030 was one of the best investments I ever made. They cost $325 with an additional cost of one hour labor to install them. For this, you get to use your tractor year round without worry of rolling it or getting stuck in the middle of a storm--where nothing or noboby is moving.
    I've been meaning to get the spacers for a loooong time. They'd be helpful for my hilly bushhogging also. I think it's time to "just do it," as NIKE says..

Quote Originally Posted by poosniffer
    Hello fellow members.
    Two winters ago I purchased some double ring tire chains for my B3030 cab tractor.Unfortunately they rubbed on the inner part of the fender and I returned them.Problem is,I have a steep grade that requires traction in the winter.It's almost impossible to get traction when there is ice or packed snow.I do not want to spend the xtra $$$ for wheel spacers.My question is: Is there a type of chain or cable that would clear the fenders on my tractor without the use of wheel spacers? Not sure if studding the tires would work.
    Thanks for any advice.-Andy.
    Hhehhruu

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Quote Originally Posted by AStanton View Post
    Poo,
    I have to agree with AStanton....... rear spacers were money VERY well spent.

I did see a 3030 at the local dealer.... on consignment, I think. I do not know what brand of chains they were, but they did fit with no spacers. Very small chain.... and it didn't look like they would last very long. So.... it is possible.

Tractor
    Kubota3030HST

How far does the spacers push out the rear tires?
    'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a
    well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy S... What a Ride!!

Tractor
    Kubota B-7800

Quote Originally Posted by Piperflyer View Post
    How far does the spacers push out the rear tires?
    If I'm not mistaken, they're 1.5 inches per side.

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

My chains are the smallest I could find at the time. They came so close to the fender that if they loosed up they would hit the fender. Put a set of spacers in. Have not looked back. Never have taken them back out. B2910 and B3030 have same wheels/tires and fenders.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

Can one tell by just looking at the rear tires/fenders? I have a B2620 with industrial tires and wonder if a stock chain would have clearance enough. I'm thinking that this B model won't work as good as my BX2660 did with turfs on in snow. thanx..
    Kubota B2620 HST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast