Tractor
    Kubota L3200

Default B2920: cruise control mechanism causing HST pedal to stick in neutral sometimes

I have been noticing this off and on annoyance over the last couple weeks, where the HST pedal occasionally won't go into forward or reverse unless I really stomp it. I lubed everything really well at the 50 hr service, but no change. Today it happened so I shut the tractor off, crawled underneath, and determined that the pawl on the HST pedal bar was stuck in a slot on the cruise control mechanism. (Side note: this suggests that purposely engaging cruise while the pedal is in neutral would probably be an effective anti-theft trick).

I am not sure if it's vibrating into that position, or is happening as part of setting the parking brake, or maybe both. Now that I think of it, every occurence has probably happened *after* the tractor was idling in place with the brake set for a while while I did some work off the seat. I did notice that the brake mechanism is tied into the cruise control mechanism somehow, but haven't studied it yet.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and found a fix. There's enough friction in the cruise control mechanism that I don't think the lever could vibrate down on its own, so I am suspecting that there is some interaction when I set the brake.

Tractor
    Kubota L3200

Default Re: B2920: cruise control mechanism causing HST pedal to stick in neutral sometimes

So it looks like the mechanism connecting the brake pedal to the cruise linkage was the culprit. Every time I pressed and released the brakes, it would slowly walk the cruise stop out little by little until it engaged the HST pedal in neutral. I greased the mechanism, and it took care of the problem.

I assume the mechanism connects brake and cruise so that cruise is disengaged when using the brake pedal.