BX2360 transmission problem

/ BX2360 transmission problem #1  

CodeSlinger

Tractor
BX2360
My BX2360 is right at 2 years old. The tractor has never been very strong in reverse I felt, and last month quit backing up altogether for a bit. Then it was Ok then out again. Forward power was real weak, the reverse pedal went all the way to the floor sometimes with no reverse motion, and sometimes seemed to be stuck hard a couple inches up, and would not go all the way down. The Kubota service guy said that was impossible for the trannie to do that, that can't happen, so there must have been a stick in the linkage. Well there wasn't any stick, and then the tractor started acting Ok after sitting. I didn't use it much this last month since so much rain here in NC, but 2 days ago, I cut all the grass, then started to run the box blade down the drive. I made two passes when all of a sudden it quit pulling. And wouldn't go into reverse again, and hardly would go forward. Same thing with the reverse pedal - all the way to the floor with no reverse, and sometimes got stuck till I stood on it harder. I nursed the tractor back to the parking pad and let it sit thinking it may have overheated. Fluid was at proper level though a bit foamy I thought. No stick in the linkage. After completly cooling off it still would not go in reverse or maybe just ever so slowly, and would go forward pretty weakly. Hydraulics seemed fine as I could work the bucket and box blade just fine. My warrantee runs out in one week so I want to make sure Kubota actually fixes or replaces what is wrong. Any ideas on what could be wrong besides "that can't happen" since it did happen? Or how to deal with Kubota and make sure this is addressed under the warrantee? I don't have a lot of faith in my local dealer unfortunately. Thanks, Dave

/ BX2360 transmission problem #2  
I have no clue, but I'd be on the phone 1st thing in the morning and tell them that you have performed the impossible twice now.

/ BX2360 transmission problem #3  
Sounds like a relief valve is sticking open. The 2360 has three years on engine and drive train but don't wait call today.

/ BX2360 transmission problem #4  
First thing I would check is your pedal movement. With your tractor off, press your pedal through its forward and reverse range with your hands while looking underneath to check that your pedals are coming to a halt against the adjustable stops. If the pedals are halted prior to reaching the stops, you may be able to visually identify the problem. I once had a small small gravel caught in the pedal linkage. It was never visible until it finally fell out while I was repeatedly moving the pedal back and forth. Anyways...your symptoms sound similar and its a simple check.

/ BX2360 transmission problem
First thing I would check is your pedal movement. With your tractor off, press your pedal through its forward and reverse range with your hands while looking underneath to check that your pedals are coming to a halt against the adjustable stops. If the pedals are halted prior to reaching the stops, you may be able to visually identify the problem. I once had a small small gravel caught in the pedal linkage. It was never visible until it finally fell out while I was repeatedly moving the pedal back and forth. Anyways...your symptoms sound similar and its a simple check.

Thanks. It was hauled to dealer yesterday - I'll update when I get some answers...

Well it was the nut on the pedal linkage had been working itself lose and had finally come off. So supposedly all fixed and will be delivered back home where I have lots of work waiting...thanks all!

/ BX2360 transmission problem #7  
Glad to see it was nothing too serious.

Their regular delivery guy was sick, so the actual mechanic that worked on the unit delivered the tractor back to me and told me all about what had happened. The nut on the linkage attachment to the trannie forward/backward lever had come totally off but the linkage sort of remained in place since such a narrow framework around it prevented it from falling completely loose. So sometimes it worked but progressively got worse and more sloppy, and kept engaging the trannie less and less, as the nut backed off. He said he put locktite on it with a backing nut and it should not loosen up again but showed me what to look for just in case. He said this was the 4th one that he seen this happen on. The BX2360 is like a different machine now. Reverse is amazing. Very responsive forward and backward! He also told me I should run wide open all the time and to make sure I truly cleaned around the bottom of the radiator, and not just the screen, to make sure it does not overheat. Nice guy!

/ BX2360 transmission problem #9  
.... told me I should run wide open all the time .......
Why would you want to thrash it at 3600rpm ? It's a 3200rpm engine with additional balance to rev higher without
much extra vibration , but the valves won't thank you for it. Is he going to give you a life-time warranty on 3600rpm : I don't think so ! It's your money ...................

Thanks. I'll look into and ask about that.