Loader Square Loader Frame

/ Square Loader Frame #1  

AceDeuce

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1500 w/ R1's and LA181 FEL
I added my loader a few years after buying my tractor. It was used but appeared to be in good shape, however after a while I noticed the cutting edge on the bucket was wearing unevenly. Suspecting the loader frame may be out of square, I decided to check it. Here's how i did it.

Parked the tractor in the middle of the garage (flat and level surface).

Removed MMM.

Lowered the loader within 1" of the floor but not touching the floor.

Using a plumb bob and a carpenter's pencil, I marked the location of the rear axle centerline, the loader frame pins, and the bucket pins on the floor.

Measured the height off the floor to the loader pins and bucket pins (each side).

Using a framing square and a straight edge, I marked perpendicular lines between the center lines and the plumb bob marks on the floor.

Measured bucket pin centerline to loader pin centerline distance along the perpendiculars (each side)

Measured the offset from the bucket pins to the loader pin perpendiculars (each side)

The good news: the frame is true within 1/4". The bad news: my bucket is not. At least now I know where the problem is (and more importantly, where it is not)

Sorry I didn't think to get any pictures but the whole process only took about 20 minutes.

/ Square Loader Frame #2  
...haven't had to "adjust" bucket on BX, but on earlier B6000, would occasionally snag bucket corner on stump/rock, knocking it out-of-square. Restored by slowly pushing high-side into handy tree until sprung back into shape...