More general questions and some 1985 B7200 questions

/ More general questions and some 1985 B7200 questions #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
After owning the B7200 for a week or so I have a few more questions I hope someone can help with.

I just started working on the ROPS. All the ones I have seen on the net are 1 piece designs, the one I got (new but never mounted, still in the factory shipping container) is a two part unit. It also came with a BUNCH of brackets and bolts. Some of the brackets and bolts I don't believe belong to the unit but I am honestly not too sure. Anyway I am looking for any thoughts/pictures/directions on how this all goes together. I attached a few photos to help a bit. Does anyone have the 2 piece ROPS?

My second question is an odd one. I am thinking about making my 4x2 tractor into a 4x4 tractor. I found the axle/drive shaft parts for a decent price, now my question is about what else is needed for the conversion. Also how does the front axle attach to the transmission. I am guessing the 4x4 and the 4x2 are the same tractor minus the front axle assembly. I am waiting for my workshop manual to arrive so I can get more detail but may need to move on the parts sooner than later. I got the tractor for a very good deal and the motor appears excellent and all the other main components are in good shape so I am at least kicking this idea around. The wife would love this one to be a 4x4 so.......

Third question - Brakes... Mine are not working too hot, I am guessing I need new pads. How bad are the brakes to replace? Is there an "easy" way to check them without putting the entire rear apart to get to them?

Has anyone ever loaded the front tires for a little extra weight on these small tractors? I notice it does not seem recommended and was wondering why? Seems lie there wouldnt be any more stress to the front end than what a few suitcase weights would add?

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    929.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Parts.jpg
    Parts.jpg
    980.3 KB · Views: 158
   / More general questions and some 1985 B7200 questions
Anyone ever see a photo of a split ROPS like this - I look around some and can't even find a darn photo of how it should go together....