Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: L4240 upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    The instructions said to move the manual link to the left side. you can get more adjustment with it but I have not had to use it.
    Same here, mine came from the dealership that way.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Well your off to a great start. Watch out though. Customizing can be addictive
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    Well your off to a great start. Watch out though. Customizing can be addictive
    Thanks, I have more that I want to do I just can't find the time plus I want to make 3 implements.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Same here, mine came from the dealership that way.
    I need to do something about those stupid hoses on the tnt, they could have supplied some better stuff. I think I need a few 45's for them o fit better.

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 Ford 8N Ford 6000

I need to do something about those stupid hoses on the tnt, they could have supplied some better stuff. I think I need a few 45's for them o fit better.
    I don't have the tilt, but I did install my own top. I used -4 hoses for better installation. The smaller inside diameter works well speed wise (I don't think anyone needs a speedy tnt), and just lays out better. Philip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -toplink10-jpg   -toplink07-jpg  
    Kubota L3940HST-1 2009
    84" front blade
    LA724 loader w/quick attach
    HD 72" round back bucket
    turf tires
    Kubota GR2120 2013
    Ford 8N 1950
    Ford 6000 diesel 1961
    JD L110 2003
    Woods RD7200 finish mower, Land Pride RCR1272 rotary cutter, Bearcat CH5540 5" chipper, L8170 ballast box, 6' Woods pulverizer, 6' Dragon box scrapper with hydraulic rippers, 14" 2 bottom plow, sub-soiler, post hole auger, 3 point pallet forks, 30" rear scoop, 7' Land Pride RB1584 rear blade, 3 point boom pole

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by PHILIP8N View Post
    I don't have the tilt, but I did install my own top. I used -4 hoses for better installation. The smaller inside diameter works well speed wise (I don't think anyone needs a speedy tnt), and just lays out better. Philip.
    Looks good, I have no idea what size my hoses are, but agree that speed is of no importance to me on mine. I could get by fine without the side link, but not the hydraulic top link.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by PHILIP8N View Post
    I don't know what size my hoses are. I have a few ideas on rearranging them, you can't go by what the instructions said.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Looks good, I have no idea what size my hoses are, but agree that speed is of no importance to me on mine. I could get by fine without the side link, but not the hydraulic top link.
    When I had the Bobcat I only had a hydraulic toplink, and it seemed like I mostly need a sidelink. I don't use the sidelink on the 4240 as much on the toplink but it is still useful.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

I don't know what size my hoses are. I have a few ideas on rearranging them, you can't go by what the instructions said.

When I had the Bobcat I only had a hydraulic toplink, and it seemed like I mostly need a sidelink. I don't use the sidelink on the 4240 as much on the toplink but it is still useful.
    Will be interested in what you come up with on arranging your hoses. My son rerouted ours the other day, but I haven't even looked at it even though I've used it twice since then.

Oh I like the hydraulic sidelink and it's great with the box blade, but we use rotary cutters more than anything else and when my sidelink was in the shop, I ran with a regular side link for quite a while and it wasn't a big deal.

I have a small job coming up where it will be great. I will be moving rock dumped too close to our shop which created a slope, so while the tractor will be tilted, the box scraper won't.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    That'll work. Is there any reason why you have the manually adjustable link for the tilt and the hydraulic cylinder?
    It is often very difficult if not next to impossible to make the hydraulic side link exactly the size of the stationary link and still have an equal amount of tilt to each side. By installing the manually adjustable side link opposite of the hydraulic link, you then set the hydraulic link at mid stroke and then level the hitch out with the OEM adjustable link. Now you have an equal amount of tilt to each side. This only works if the design of the hydraulic link is to obtain an equal amount of tilt to each side. There are side links out there that are intended to only tilt in one direction : and if you were to adjust the OEM link to get the tilt equal with one of those hydraulic side links, then your implement would never lift up as high as it should.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    It is often very difficult if not next to impossible to make the hydraulic side link exactly the size of the stationary link and still have an equal amount of tilt to each side. By installing the manually adjustable side link opposite of the hydraulic link, you then set the hydraulic link at mid stroke and then level the hitch out with the OEM adjustable link. Now you have an equal amount of tilt to each side. This only works if the design of the hydraulic link is to obtain an equal amount of tilt to each side. There are side links out there that are intended to only tilt in one direction : and if you were to adjust the OEM link to get the tilt equal with one of those hydraulic side links, then your implement would never lift up as high as it should.
    Sounds logical. I was curious because the non adjustable link has three pin holes while the adjustable one only has two.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast