L4240 upgrades

/ L4240 upgrades #11  
The instructions said to move the manual link to the left side. you can get more adjustment with it but I have not had to use it.

Same here, mine came from the dealership that way.

/ L4240 upgrades
Well your off to a great start. Watch out though. Customizing can be addictive :eek:

Thanks, I have more that I want to do I just can't find the time plus I want to make 3 implements.

/ L4240 upgrades
Same here, mine came from the dealership that way.

I need to do something about those stupid hoses on the tnt, they could have supplied some better stuff. I think I need a few 45's for them o fit better.

/ L4240 upgrades #15  
I need to do something about those stupid hoses on the tnt, they could have supplied some better stuff. I think I need a few 45's for them o fit better.

I don't have the tilt, but I did install my own top. I used -4 hoses for better installation. The smaller inside diameter works well speed wise (I don't think anyone needs a speedy tnt), and just lays out better. Philip.

Attachments

• TOPLINK10.jpg
    TOPLINK10.jpg
    765.8 KB · Views: 573
  • TOPLINK07.jpg
    TOPLINK07.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 405
   / L4240 upgrades #16  
I don't have the tilt, but I did install my own top. I used -4 hoses for better installation. The smaller inside diameter works well speed wise (I don't think anyone needs a speedy tnt), and just lays out better. Philip.

Looks good, I have no idea what size my hoses are, but agree that speed is of no importance to me on mine. I could get by fine without the side link, but not the hydraulic top link.

/ L4240 upgrades

I don't know what size my hoses are. I have a few ideas on rearranging them, you can't go by what the instructions said.

Looks good, I have no idea what size my hoses are, but agree that speed is of no importance to me on mine. I could get by fine without the side link, but not the hydraulic top link.

When I had the Bobcat I only had a hydraulic toplink, and it seemed like I mostly need a sidelink. I don't use the sidelink on the 4240 as much on the toplink but it is still useful.

/ L4240 upgrades #18  
I don't know what size my hoses are. I have a few ideas on rearranging them, you can't go by what the instructions said.

When I had the Bobcat I only had a hydraulic toplink, and it seemed like I mostly need a sidelink. I don't use the sidelink on the 4240 as much on the toplink but it is still useful.

Will be interested in what you come up with on arranging your hoses. My son rerouted ours the other day, but I haven't even looked at it even though I've used it twice since then.

Oh I like the hydraulic sidelink and it's great with the box blade, but we use rotary cutters more than anything else and when my sidelink was in the shop, I ran with a regular side link for quite a while and it wasn't a big deal.

I have a small job coming up where it will be great. I will be moving rock dumped too close to our shop which created a slope, so while the tractor will be tilted, the box scraper won't.

/ L4240 upgrades #19  
That'll work. Is there any reason why you have the manually adjustable link for the tilt and the hydraulic cylinder?

It is often very difficult if not next to impossible to make the hydraulic side link exactly the size of the stationary link and still have an equal amount of tilt to each side. By installing the manually adjustable side link opposite of the hydraulic link, you then set the hydraulic link at mid stroke and then level the hitch out with the OEM adjustable link. Now you have an equal amount of tilt to each side. This only works if the design of the hydraulic link is to obtain an equal amount of tilt to each side. There are side links out there that are intended to only tilt in one direction : and if you were to adjust the OEM link to get the tilt equal with one of those hydraulic side links, then your implement would never lift up as high as it should. ;)

/ L4240 upgrades #20  
It is often very difficult if not next to impossible to make the hydraulic side link exactly the size of the stationary link and still have an equal amount of tilt to each side. By installing the manually adjustable side link opposite of the hydraulic link, you then set the hydraulic link at mid stroke and then level the hitch out with the OEM adjustable link. Now you have an equal amount of tilt to each side. This only works if the design of the hydraulic link is to obtain an equal amount of tilt to each side. There are side links out there that are intended to only tilt in one direction : and if you were to adjust the OEM link to get the tilt equal with one of those hydraulic side links, then your implement would never lift up as high as it should. ;)

Sounds logical. I was curious because the non adjustable link has three pin holes while the adjustable one only has two.