L4240 upgrades

/ L4240 upgrades #31  
Thanks. Will the step of a 8540 fit on a grand l?

No, totally different design, you might be able to see it in this photo, I don't have a picture of it from a good angle.

/ L4240 upgrades
No, totally different design, you might be able to see it in this photo, I don't have a picture of it from a good angle.

You would be best off building one like you said.

/ L4240 upgrades #33  
You would be best off building one like you said.

Yeah, I am going to get together with my son or brother and see if we can come up with something.

/ L4240 upgrades #34  
I got the step linexed. It feels some much more grippy now. It is a inexpensive upgrade and well worth the money.

Nice job on the step, it doesn't take long to ware off that factory gray paint, looks good i'll bet it feels good too. What is linexed some sort of rugged powder coat? Is your rear tire valve stem on the outside?

/ L4240 upgrades
Nice job on the step, it doesn't take long to ware off that factory gray paint, looks good i'll bet it feels good too. What is linexed some sort of rugged powder coat? Is your rear tire valve stem on the outside?

Linex is a spray on truck bed coating.

20130720_201704_zpsb59a842f.jpg

It does feel good, it makes a uncoated step feel slippery in comparison. I was going to do it with a can of duplicolor truck bed coating but it is smoother and it took it while the truck bed was being done.

Yes the rear valve stem is on the outside, I guess it would be best to have it on the inside.

/ L4240 upgrades #36  
Yes the rear valve stem is on the outside, I guess it would be best to have it on the inside.
My stem is on the inside and I wish it was on the outside, I don't see the point to have it on the inside, the dealer said that is how they come on the inside??

/ L4240 upgrades
My stem is on the inside and I wish it was on the outside, I don't see the point to have it on the inside, the dealer said that is how they come on the inside??

It is probably more protected on the inside but it would be harder to check the air pressure.

This is how they come

/ L4240 upgrades #38  
It is probably more protected on the inside but it would be harder to check the air pressure.

This is how they come

My tires the way they were mounted on the rims the valve stem is on the inside once mounted on the tractor.

/ L4240 upgrades #39  
You don't really get a choice on inside or outside. It's determined by the rear wheel width you want. On the Ag tire/wheels if your stems are on the outside then you're wheels are set to the widest position. If they are on the inside then they are set to one of the narrow positions. I would suspect that the R4s are the same.

/ L4240 upgrades
I looked the valve stem can not be turned to the inside on the 4240.

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet