L4240 upgrades

/ L4240 upgrades #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I have been wanting to start a thread for a while for the 4240 but I have not had a chance to do anything to it. I had a chance this week to put some grab hooks on the bucket.

IMG_20120816_173501.jpg

IMG_20120816_173448.jpg

I looked around for a while a fire extinguisher and found these at home depot. It fits nicely in the cup holder. I like it there because you can get it from the door or from the back window.

IMG_20120819_191143.jpg

I have more things that I want to do and I will when I have some spare time.

/ L4240 upgrades #2  
Like the bucket hooks, looks like the ones I used; will be interested to see what you do, may get some ideas for mine.:thumbsup:

/ L4240 upgrades #3  
Like the bucket hooks, looks like the ones I used; will be interested to see what you do, may get some ideas for mine.:thumbsup:

You get any dirt on yours yet?

/ L4240 upgrades #4  
You get any dirt on yours yet?

Sure have; been bush hogging for quite a few days jumping between the 5740 and 8540 and need to do my 50 hour this week then hook up the box blade and smooth out where we cleared some brush with a track loader.

/ L4240 upgrades
My 2 comined have about 40hrs. The bx has been about 50% mower 50% tractor.

/ L4240 upgrades #6  
Sure have; been bush hogging for quite a few days jumping between the 5740 and 8540 and need to do my 50 hour this week then hook up the box blade and smooth out where we cleared some brush with a track loader.

You sure rack up the seat time.:thumbsup:

/ L4240 upgrades #7  
My 2 comined have about 40hrs. The bx has been about 50% mower 50% tractor.

The BX GL is a great combination and you can do a lot of tractor work with the BX. I don't use ours much anymore, but have moved a LOT of dirt and rock, road maintenance and bush hogging with it in the past; great little machines.:thumbsup:

The more you use both, the better you will like them.

You sure rack up the seat time.:thumbsup:

I really am lucky to have stuff to keep me busy, I usually put about 350-400 on the GL and about 150 on the M. With the drought this year, I probably won't get that much though. Now I can't guarantee how much hours=work=accomplishment.:laughing:

/ L4240 upgrades
I finally came up with a half decent idea for a hydraulic toplink holder. I used a 15" tarp strap, I may try to find a 12" but I think it is a odd size. The tarp strap works pretty good, the holes that are punched in it fit the oem toplink holder nicely.

20121030_212057.jpg

/ L4240 upgrades #9  
That'll work. Is there any reason why you have the manually adjustable link for the tilt and the hydraulic cylinder?

/ L4240 upgrades
crazyal said:
That'll work. Is there any reason why you have the manually adjustable link for the tilt and the hydraulic cylinder?

The instructions said to move the manual link to the left side. you can get more adjustment with it but I have not had to use it.