Kubota m7040

/ Kubota m7040 #1  

dlay

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota m7040/ jd 2155
Just recently bought a new m7040, cab, fel, 4wd, 28x19.9 on rear, instead of 30s, only have about 30 hrs on it so far. How does everyone like them, it seems to ride rough and stiff, have been used to a jd 2155, and it doesnt seem to ride as rough, but it is 2wd. So far I have used it to bushog and load dirt, etc. What does everyone else find out good and bad about this tractor? This is my first post here and have enjoyed reading post here.

/ Kubota m7040
Also, did I make a mistake by getting 16.9x28 instead of 16.9x30s on the rear? I am using it in hilly country and figured the lower center of gravity and height might be worth something. The older brochure showed it with 28s.

/ Kubota m7040 #3  
Welcome to TBN and congratulations on your new tractor! I have not driven a 7040 but I can comment on my 5740. It can be a bit stiff at times but I just chalk that up to driving a tractor. The only suspension these machines have is in the seat. So if the terrain is rough you'll probably feel it. The only options I know of for a better ride are changing the seat to an air ride or slowing down in rough patches. Happy tractoring!

/ Kubota m7040 #4  
Have you adjusted the seat? I have done a cple of things to get the ride alot better,larger front tires and widen them all out.I also think what air pressure your running may help. I am very happy with the new 7040 over the older one we have.. 7040's side by side.JPG left2010 on right2012

/ Kubota m7040 #5  
i have the same tractor fel 4x4 loaded rear tires cast center wieghts 24x9.5 fronts 30x16.9 in rear open station i would keep what you have on there now i wouldnt spend the extra money to put on the 30s itsnt worth it mine does ride like a tractor they are tractors not caddys all tractor will bounce you around im looking to get a cutter for mine

/ Kubota m7040 #6  
You could let some air out the tires for a softer ride.

Concerning the tires, there may be a problem if the diameters are substantially different. Then when using 4WD the tires will rotate at a dissimilar rate causing slipping and/or increased tire wear on hard surfaces.

There are a lot of positives on a M7040 and very few negatives.There have been plenty of threads on the subject here on TBN. Try searching for "M7040" and sift through the treads