engine stops after 30 to 45 minutes

/ engine stops after 30 to 45 minutes #1  

sltretired

A few days ago I jammed a blade in my Caroni 1900 flail mower attached to our Kubota L3800. When this happened the tractor engine died and then was tough to start again. It would start then stall.

After this event I diagnosed the problem in the mower and ordered new belts while freeing the jammed blade (the blade at the end of the roller got lodged between a nut on the housing and a nut on the roller).

Today, while working with the box blade the L3800's engine again lost power and died after working for around 45 minutes. It did not want to start and run with power so I shut down and walked away.

Could this be a clogged air or fuel filter? The air filter looks dirty but not clogged. The large particle valve is clear.

Thoughts from you experts?

Thanks.

P.S. I spoke with my dealer last week about the seat shutoff that is also not working properly and will discuss this with them tomorrow.

/ engine stops after 30 to 45 minutes #2  
If it's not overheating it sounds like a fuel related problem. If you have not serviced the fuel system I would start there. Any chance water or gas could be in system? Did you clean the air cleaner? GL

/ engine stops after 30 to 45 minutes #3  
I had a similar problem on my tractor where it would shut down for no explainable reason and after some searching I discovered the bleeder valve on the fuel system was partially open. I closed the valve back up and have had no more issues. I would also change the air filter and check the condition of the fuel filter.

/ engine stops after 30 to 45 minutes #4  
I had loss of power that was solved by the replacement of fuel filter, but the engine never shot down due to that. I would guess it is not the cause of your troubles.

/ engine stops after 30 to 45 minutes #5  
Is the vent clear on the fuel tank cap?